Netflix Issues on Sony Xperia Devices, LG Nexus 5 and LG G2 Reported; No Workarounds and Solutions Yet
By Ryan Inoyori | July 29, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Netflix app on Sony Xperia smartphones and tablets has been reported to suffer various issues such as audio delay. Unfortunately, users will have to wait for Sony Mobile and Netflix to release an update to fix these problems. Know the bugs, issues and reports about the popular streaming app.
Based on the reports at the official forum site of Sony Mobile, Netflix app for Xperia suffers audio syncing issues or delayed sound output. Replies from other users claimed that it isn't likely the app which causes the audio delay but the device instead.
Apparently, the issue also occurs on certain models with gaming application and not limited to video streaming only.
"I have the exact same problem, it is also noticeable in some games, so it is most likely not an app issue. People have complained about this issue also with Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z2 Tablet. Sony knows this and it would be nice if someone from Sony could verify that this is a problem they are working with here," a user's post at the forum site.
One complaint at XDA forum described an issue about the delay on the video and it is unknown if caused by the extra processing requirements or the BRAVIA engine for mobile on the Xperia Tablet Z.
BRAVIA engine works on the overall display screen of any Xperia device and affects video output from streaming apps such YouTube and Netflix. Sadly, disabling the display and audio engines on Xperia devices may not work for everyone based on other users' replies.
Most common issue reported about Netflix on Xperia devices is the audio delay but others complained about long buffering and stuttering as well at the Google Play Store.
- Long buffering and loading time
- Stuttering followed by audio and video delays
- Pixelated viewing on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Chromecast connection issue
- Subtitles are not working
Some of these issues are not limited to Sony Xperia smartphones and tablets, there are users having troubles with the app on LG Nexus 5 and LG G2.
At this time, it is difficult to determine the source of all these technical problems and there is no concrete evidence if caused by Netflix app, other apps or the device running the app. Customers will need to wait for the official update coming from Sony Mobile or Netflix.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Players Can Get The Free Character Boost Now And Still Upgrade To The Collector's Edition On Nov. 13, 2014, Plus The Horde Chopper Mount Will Only Be Available Until Sept. 30, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]