Netflix Issues on Sony Xperia Devices, LG Nexus 5 and LG G2 Reported; No Workarounds and Solutions Yet
By Ryan Inoyori | July 29, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Netflix app on Sony Xperia smartphones and tablets has been reported to suffer various issues such as audio delay. Unfortunately, users will have to wait for Sony Mobile and Netflix to release an update to fix these problems. Know the bugs, issues and reports about the popular streaming app.
Based on the reports at the official forum site of Sony Mobile, Netflix app for Xperia suffers audio syncing issues or delayed sound output. Replies from other users claimed that it isn't likely the app which causes the audio delay but the device instead.
Apparently, the issue also occurs on certain models with gaming application and not limited to video streaming only.
"I have the exact same problem, it is also noticeable in some games, so it is most likely not an app issue. People have complained about this issue also with Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z2 Tablet. Sony knows this and it would be nice if someone from Sony could verify that this is a problem they are working with here," a user's post at the forum site.
One complaint at XDA forum described an issue about the delay on the video and it is unknown if caused by the extra processing requirements or the BRAVIA engine for mobile on the Xperia Tablet Z.
BRAVIA engine works on the overall display screen of any Xperia device and affects video output from streaming apps such YouTube and Netflix. Sadly, disabling the display and audio engines on Xperia devices may not work for everyone based on other users' replies.
Most common issue reported about Netflix on Xperia devices is the audio delay but others complained about long buffering and stuttering as well at the Google Play Store.
- Long buffering and loading time
- Stuttering followed by audio and video delays
- Pixelated viewing on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Chromecast connection issue
- Subtitles are not working
Some of these issues are not limited to Sony Xperia smartphones and tablets, there are users having troubles with the app on LG Nexus 5 and LG G2.
At this time, it is difficult to determine the source of all these technical problems and there is no concrete evidence if caused by Netflix app, other apps or the device running the app. Customers will need to wait for the official update coming from Sony Mobile or Netflix.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast