Star Wars 7: Mark Hamill ‘Impressed’ by New Actors in the Movie
By Sachin Trivedi | July 29, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Sporting a long beard worthy of a Grand Jedi Master, Mark Hamill spoke about returning as a cast member in "Star Wars" 7. He praised the talents of the new actors in the movie and spoke about the injury of fellow veteran actor Harrison Ford.
A person wearing a costume to resemble the Star Wars character of Boba Fett crosses the street during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 25, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Mark Hamill will be returning to the sets of "Star Wars" after nearly 37 years. The first film from the franchise was released way back in 1977. He plays the character of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker in the upcoming movie.
Mark Hamill spoke about the new actors in "Star Wars" 7 at the red carpet event of "Guardians of the Galaxy" premiere. "I'm thinking of asking them for advice. I don't want to give any myself!" he said talking to BBC's Lizo Mzimba.
Rather than talking about the special effects or storyline of the upcoming movie Mark Hamill said that the fans of the franchise will find that the characters in the movie are something that the audience will be able to relate to immediately.
Fans of the franchise first saw the actor as a young man searching for adventure and his destiny in "Star Wars: A New Hope." He later played an instrumental part in bringing down the emperor and destroying his secret super weapon.
The birth of Luke Skywalker was recently shown in the movie "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith." The character was seen to be taken away to the desert planet of Tatooine. The recent trilogy completed the story and connected the dots to the original trilogy. The recent trilogy told the origin stories of some of the important characters in the original trilogy like Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett and the emperor.
The upcoming "Star Wars" 7 is said to be based a few years after the fall of the emperor. Luke Skywalker is now a Jedi master and will be joined by Carrie Fisher as Leia, Harrison Ford as Han Solo and Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca.
Following the injury of Harrison Ford "Star Wars" 7 will be going for a brief two week hiatus in August. Mark Hamill has reportedly heard that Harrison Ford is recovering well. The actor playing the important role of Han Solo was recently spotted with crutches.
Star Wars 7: Harrison Ford Still Using a Crutch [Read]
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Release Date and Super Villain Thanos Revealed [Read]
Wonder Woman First Photo Revealed: Fans Compare Costume to Xena's [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS