Star Wars 7: Mark Hamill ‘Impressed’ by New Actors in the Movie
By Sachin Trivedi | July 29, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Sporting a long beard worthy of a Grand Jedi Master, Mark Hamill spoke about returning as a cast member in "Star Wars" 7. He praised the talents of the new actors in the movie and spoke about the injury of fellow veteran actor Harrison Ford.
A person wearing a costume to resemble the Star Wars character of Boba Fett crosses the street during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 25, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Mark Hamill will be returning to the sets of "Star Wars" after nearly 37 years. The first film from the franchise was released way back in 1977. He plays the character of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker in the upcoming movie.
Mark Hamill spoke about the new actors in "Star Wars" 7 at the red carpet event of "Guardians of the Galaxy" premiere. "I'm thinking of asking them for advice. I don't want to give any myself!" he said talking to BBC's Lizo Mzimba.
Rather than talking about the special effects or storyline of the upcoming movie Mark Hamill said that the fans of the franchise will find that the characters in the movie are something that the audience will be able to relate to immediately.
Fans of the franchise first saw the actor as a young man searching for adventure and his destiny in "Star Wars: A New Hope." He later played an instrumental part in bringing down the emperor and destroying his secret super weapon.
The birth of Luke Skywalker was recently shown in the movie "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith." The character was seen to be taken away to the desert planet of Tatooine. The recent trilogy completed the story and connected the dots to the original trilogy. The recent trilogy told the origin stories of some of the important characters in the original trilogy like Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett and the emperor.
The upcoming "Star Wars" 7 is said to be based a few years after the fall of the emperor. Luke Skywalker is now a Jedi master and will be joined by Carrie Fisher as Leia, Harrison Ford as Han Solo and Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca.
Following the injury of Harrison Ford "Star Wars" 7 will be going for a brief two week hiatus in August. Mark Hamill has reportedly heard that Harrison Ford is recovering well. The actor playing the important role of Han Solo was recently spotted with crutches.
Star Wars 7: Harrison Ford Still Using a Crutch [Read]
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Release Date and Super Villain Thanos Revealed [Read]
Wonder Woman First Photo Revealed: Fans Compare Costume to Xena's [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks