Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 29, 2014 3:51 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom or the Nokia Lumia 1020, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A woman takes pictures with Nokia's new smartphone, the Lumia 1020 with a 41-megapixel camera, after its unveiling in New York in this July 11, 2013 file photo. Finnish telecoms gear maker Nokia has good prospects for sales in Europe and North America in the coming quarters, its chief executive said on July 24, 2014, after the company posted better-than-expected quarterly results. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/Files
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a 4.5-inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 768 x 1280 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Lumia 1020 has a slight edge with a 332 ppi pixels display density compared to the 306 ppi pixels display density on the Galaxy K Zoom.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with 137.5 x 70.8 x 16.6 mm dimensions and weighs 200 grams. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm dimensions and weighs 158 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom is equipped with a quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 and dual core 1.7 GHz Cortex A15 processor and Exynos 5260 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the Nokia Lumia 1020 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the 8.1 version. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with auto/manual focus, 10x optical zoom, optical image stabilisation and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Nokia Lumia 1020 sports a 41 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilisation, auto/manual focus and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a Li-Ion 2430 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours on 3G or music play of about 47 hours. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 20 minutes on 3G or music play of about 63 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom 4G LTE is priced at around AU $749.95 and the Nokia Lumia 1020 4G LTE is priced at around AU $469.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28