Keith Urban’s Concert Sends Dozens of Fans in Hospital Over Alcohol-Related Issues
By Anne Lu | July 29, 2014 3:34 PM EST
Keith Urban’s concert in the U.S. has sent dozens of his fans to hospitals or in protective custody.
The Australian country music star held a concert at the Xfinity Centre in Mansfield, Massachusetts on Saturday. However, instead of a fun, enjoyable night that was the expected outcome of Urban’s shows, it resulted in booze-fuelled night that has sent around 22 people in the hospital.
Actress Nicole Kidman and her husband Keith Urban arrive at the 2014 CMT Music Awards in Nashville
According to the Boston Herald, 46 fans fell over “alcohol-related issues,” with some of them passing out and injuring themselves. Twenty-two of them were taken to nearby hospitals in the area.
There were also 50 fans who were taken to protective custody and several more were arrested for alcohol-related issues.
“Last evening’s Keith Urban concert was not anticipated to present with the volume of issues handled, but measures were in place to provide appropriate and adequate care and protection to all patrons,” Mansfield police and fire department said in joint a statement.
“As a result, although there was a higher than expected volume, appropriate care was available through the expandable moment.”
The statement continued, “The large number of medicals in a shortened time of approximately three hours caused the activation of a phase one EMS plan utilising ambulances from five mutual aid communities. Police dealt with a steady stream of intoxicated persons as well, resulting in over 50 people being taken into protective custody and a number of others arrested for alcohol-related issues.”
Urban appeared to be unaware of the happenings at his concert. He posted a video on YouTube, thanking his fans for attending the “nutso” show, but failed to mention anything about the incident.
“What a great night tonight,” Nicole Kidman’s husband said in the video. “I was going to say Boston, but we’re technically in Mansfield tonight, but it was killer.
“So everybody from Massachusetts who came out and the folks travelling from everywhere to came on tonight, thank you very much.
“That was nutso! So cool!”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown