Keith Urban’s Concert Sends Dozens of Fans in Hospital Over Alcohol-Related Issues
By Anne Lu | July 29, 2014 3:34 PM EST
Keith Urban’s concert in the U.S. has sent dozens of his fans to hospitals or in protective custody.
The Australian country music star held a concert at the Xfinity Centre in Mansfield, Massachusetts on Saturday. However, instead of a fun, enjoyable night that was the expected outcome of Urban’s shows, it resulted in booze-fuelled night that has sent around 22 people in the hospital.
Actress Nicole Kidman and her husband Keith Urban arrive at the 2014 CMT Music Awards in Nashville
According to the Boston Herald, 46 fans fell over “alcohol-related issues,” with some of them passing out and injuring themselves. Twenty-two of them were taken to nearby hospitals in the area.
There were also 50 fans who were taken to protective custody and several more were arrested for alcohol-related issues.
“Last evening’s Keith Urban concert was not anticipated to present with the volume of issues handled, but measures were in place to provide appropriate and adequate care and protection to all patrons,” Mansfield police and fire department said in joint a statement.
“As a result, although there was a higher than expected volume, appropriate care was available through the expandable moment.”
The statement continued, “The large number of medicals in a shortened time of approximately three hours caused the activation of a phase one EMS plan utilising ambulances from five mutual aid communities. Police dealt with a steady stream of intoxicated persons as well, resulting in over 50 people being taken into protective custody and a number of others arrested for alcohol-related issues.”
Urban appeared to be unaware of the happenings at his concert. He posted a video on YouTube, thanking his fans for attending the “nutso” show, but failed to mention anything about the incident.
“What a great night tonight,” Nicole Kidman’s husband said in the video. “I was going to say Boston, but we’re technically in Mansfield tonight, but it was killer.
“So everybody from Massachusetts who came out and the folks travelling from everywhere to came on tonight, thank you very much.
“That was nutso! So cool!”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports