Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 29, 2014 2:50 PM EST
A man selling his upscale condo unit in Austin, Texas, advertised more than intended when he uploaded a series of photos of the unit on a local listings site with one of photos showing his naked body in the background.
According to a report on Gawker, the photo was sent to them by a "generous tipster" who chanced upon the expensive listing on property listings site HotPads.
"Beautiful three story condo located in central Austin, backing up to a wooded greenbelt. This condo had several windows that overlook the gorgeous greenbelt that is full of large trees. The windows have custom plantation shutters. Each story has its own deck as well as its own central air/heat. The condo is also equipped with a central vacuum system," the original listing reads, Gawker reported.
The condo sells for a whopping $389,500 and is located along Oakwood Cove in Austin.
The listing has since been removed from the Web site, though it did not prevent media outlets from around the world such as The Daily Mail and News.com.au from picking up the story.
As expected, the two Web sites poked fun at the incident. The Daily Mail noted that the condo's "central heat" feature is a boon for potential buyers, "just in case all that nudity gets chilly," while News.com.au described the listing mistake as a "complete cock up."
Property listings sites are no exceptions from real estate listing blunders. Web sites like Badmlsphotos.com and Wtfrealestate.com, and listicles on Buzzfeed and The Huffington Post exist.
Even talk show host Ellen DeGeneres could not resist these funny real estate listings that she shared them with her viewers. One of the listings she showed viewers said it had a "walking closet" while another said the home features a "huge dick [sic] for entertaining."
Avoiding real estate listing mistakes is a must whether you are an agent, broker or a home owner trying to sell your home on your own. Making sure the property is presentable, photo-ready and free from illicit and irreverent "added" features make all the difference in flipping that for sale sign.
You could choose to bypass an agent by using a trusted listing site like Nestbuilder.com that automatically creates virtual tours of properties of your listing photos in marketing your property. Better yet, you can seek the advice of a real estate agent yourself by finding one on the site.
Nestbuilder.com features thousands of agent profiles as well as their professionally made home video listings and virtual tours, should you need further references in choosing an agent to buy from or to sell your property. The web site also has a blog section where agents and home buyers can find real estate buying, marketing and home improvement tips.
Nestbuilder.com is trusted by realtors such as the Greater Fort Lauderdale Realtors and property buyers across America. Home to 1.6 million listing sites, the Web site was developed by disruptive real estate technology developer RealBiz Media Group, Inc. (OTCQB: RBIZ).
RealBiz Media Group, Inc. is a publicly traded company that offers its stocks over-the-counter. On Friday, its stocks closed at $0.1409.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kohl's Black Friday 2014 Online Deals Available Now Until Nov. 28, 2014 Including Free Shipping For Orders Worth $50 And More [WATCH VIDEO]
- BHP Billiton To Turn Olympic Dam Mine To World’s 2nd Largest Copper Mine
- A Bearded Man Is Arresting UberX Drivers Across Sydney
- From Iron Ore To Infant Formula, Gina Rinehart To Build $175M Cancer Hospital In Darwin
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft