Samsung Galaxy Alpha Confirmed with 720p Screen; Updates on the Tizen Smartphone Release
By Gel Galang | July 29, 2014 2:48 PM EST
With all the rumours, speculations and leaked images for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, it's almost hard to keep track of what exactly the device will be offering to the table.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
Previously thought to be the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime or the Galaxy F, smartphones that are supposedly slated to feature a metal body to bring up Samsung's phones to a more premium level, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has even been thought to be just another smartphone in line for the South Korean company.
While the latest rumour had been that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is actually more of a mid-range rather than a premium smartphone, the latest rumour seems to be going along with this particular train of thought.
SamMobile has found another source that supports this latest possibility, wherein a developer for Samsung has allegedly confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha will be sporting a 720p display.
This new information hails from the developer console from Samsung, assuring that the Galaxy Alpha may be a line of device of its own, instead of offering the high-end and premium version of the flagship Samsung Galaxy S5. The source reiterates this, stating that the device will be launching as "Samsung Galaxy" instead of "Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha," which could suggest a premium flavour.
This does not mean that a metallic frame is no longer in order, but the use of faux leather as a back cover instead of an all-metal frame is more plausible. The source points yet again to a possible August unveiling, which should not be too long from now.
Release of Tizen Smartphone from Samsung Delayed
It looks like the Tizen phone from Samsung will be looking at a delay for its plans in Russia, with the main reason pegged to be the need for the brand to develop a more extensive app base.
According to CTV News, the "ecosystem" of Tizen needs to be developed even more before it can be launched, and the postponement is designed to do just this. The delay does seem to be indefinite at best, as Samsung has not yet announced a new release date, but this could mean that there is a lack of support for the Tizen brand from app developers in the meantime.
Samsung has been very reliant on the Google Play Store for its devices' app needs, and given the user base that Google already has, it seems that its plan to slowly breakaway from this OS is not as effective or fast enough as planned.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate