Cristiano Ronaldo Denies Hiring Lil Wayne on Twitter but TMZ Still Convinced that Young Money will Manage the Real Madrid Star
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 29, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo walks off the pitch after the 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match between Germany and Portugal at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador June 16, 2014.
It appears that rap star Lil Wayne is following the footsteps of Jay-Z, having plans in getting into sports management, as reported by TMZ last Thursday. Sources said that his first client will be the international soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo but it seems that the rumours weren't true at all. Cristiano Ronaldo, the wildly popular forward for Real Madrid, contradicted the arrangement on Twitter last Saturday.
Cristiano Ronaldo said the announcement on Twitter by just saying that there will be no changes on his present management team.
"There have been news about changes on my management team - it's all false, and I can assure the team is - and will be - the same," Cristiano Ronaldo tweeted.
After what Cristiano Ronaldo tweeted the other day, TMZ is still confident that Lil Wayne's Young Money will start representing Ronaldo in a management capacity.
TMZ reported that according to a representative from Lil Wayne's company, Young Money Entertainment is already having a business with Cristiano Ronaldo. The representative also told TMZ Sports that the two parties already have a project together set for this week.
Thus far, it appears that Lil Wayne's Young Money is set to manage the branding, marketing and other sports management issues in the United States.
Although a representative of Young Monet said that Lil Wayne and Cristiano Ronaldo are really working together, the superstar still needs to re-address and re-debunk this report; but he doesn't need to if he's really going to do the project.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop