The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
By Ryan Inoyori | July 29, 2014 2:24 PM EST
SIMS 4 requires lower specs demand and three new game packs on Windows computers upon release. However, sources claim that The SIMS 4 won't feature toddlers or pools on the initial version of the game.
No Toddlers and Pools
According to a tweet @SimGuruGrant, The SIMS 4 will not feature toddlers in the game which somehow defeats the entire legacy of life simulation gaming experience that previous SIMS game series offer.
@thatsimsgirl We hear you loud and clear on this one :)
— Grant Rodiek (@SimGuruGrant) July 25, 2014
Produced Graham Nardone somehow confirmed the absence of toddlers in Twitter by explaining that babies and toddlers were not combined and they are distinctly different.
@_lovcat_ @TheSimsBoi Babies and Toddlers were not combined. We know they're distinctly different and didn't want to shoehorn them in. — Graham Nardone (@SimGuruGraham) June 25, 2014
On the official Web site of The SIMS, produced Ryan Vaughn revealed that some aspects from The SIMS 3 are not appearing on the upcoming game series and focuses on powerful building and editing tools.
"While it's not possible for us to include every single feature and piece of content we added to The SIMS 3 over the last five years, we've added features that you've asked for and that offer a whole new intuitive and fun way to build," Vaughn post at the site.
Even without the toddlers crawling inside houses, The SIMS 4 offers the following new features for the Build Mode:
- Wall Height Adjustment
- Dynamic Foundation
- Smart Windows
Three Premium Packs
Polygon reported that The SIMS 4 will feature three new packs for players who have premium membership and exclusive access to upcoming game packs and in-game contents. The three premium game packs are focused on holidays containing exclusive items such as spooky costume, camping in the great outdoors and toast to the New Year in style.
Click here to view the official YouTube video of The SIMS 4 for the premium game packs.
Lower Specifications Required
Having no babies and toddlers may be a bad point on the game but at least players won't necessarily have to buy new PCs in order to play The SIMS 4 as the game requires lower specifications than expected.
- Internet connection for product activation.
- Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.
- 2 GB of RAM at least.
- 9 GB of hard drive storage space and 1 GB additional storage space for custom content and saved games.
- DVD ROM for installation purposes.
- Video card: 128 MB video RAM with Pixel Shader 3.0.
- Supported GPUs: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better.
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible.
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0c compatible.
- Input: Keyboard and mouse.
The SIMS 4 is going to be released officially on September 2 for Windows computers and expected to support MAC later on.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan