MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 60 And the Winner of MasterChef Australia 2014 is Brent Owens
By Janice Somosot | July 29, 2014 2:14 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, episode 60 aired on Monday, July 28, 2014. It featured the Top 2 Grand Finalists Brent Owens and Laura Cassai battling it out to emerge as the winner. Who won after the nerve-wracking Grand Finale challenge? Drumroll please! And, the winner of MasterChef Australia 2014 is Brent Owens! Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 60.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, episode 60, Brent and Laura cooked with one intention in mind: to win! They had to prove their cooking mettle in a three round duel. The last round involved a Pressure Test to replicate Chef Peter Gilmore's Chocolate Ethereal dish.
As usual, "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 judges George Calombaris, Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan were present to give last minute instructions as well as taste and judge the dishes that Laura and Brent prepared.
Brent and Laura's families also visited them to give moral support and encouragement.
In the end, Brent Owens, the 24-year-old Bobcat Driver from Victoria beat out Laura Cassai, the 19-year-old Health Science Student from South Australia! Owens not only won the title, but also the $250,000 dollars (AUD) prize money. Congratulations, Brent!
Click HERE to see the latest recipes from MasterChef Australia" Season 6 including the Re-invented Lancashire Hot Pot and the Scampi with Textures of Barley by Brent Owens. Check out the Lobster and Scallops with Chestnuts and Mushrooms and the Scampi with Anchovy Butter, Roasted Garlic Cream and Pickled Cabbage by Laura Cassai, too.
Click HERE to see photos of the "MasterChef" Grand Finale gallery. Click HERE to see the "MasterChef 2014" Best Bits gallery, including Laura's Journey, Brent's Journey and the Food Art Finale. These galleries are from the official Web site of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of episode 60 which featured the Top 2 Grand Finalist battling it out for the win. It was shown on July 28, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Again, Congratulations to Brent Owens for being crowned as the MasterChef Australia 2014. Keep reading International Business Times, or IBTimes for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, technology, health, sports, finance and business.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 59 The Top 3 Cook Off Semi-Finals Service Challenge Eliminates Emelia Jackson!
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 58 The Sepia Restaurant Pressure Test Eliminates Jamie Fleming! [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 57 The Service Challenge at Melbourne's Vue de Monde [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft