Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y and More Events
By Gel Galang | July 29, 2014 2:00 PM EST
With a full three months to go before "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" debuts on the Nintendo 3DS, the schedule for the World Championships has been revealed.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Trusted Pokemon source Serebii has detailed some of the new information for the World Championships, starting with the streaming schedules for August 16 and 17:
9:00am EST: Opening Ceremony
9:30am EST - 5:00pm EST: Pokemon Video Game Streaming
5:00pm EST - 9:00pm EST: Pokemon TCG Streaming
9:00am EST: TCG Masters top 4
10:00am EST - 3:00pm EST: Pokémon TCG Finals (Junior, Senior, and Masters Divisions)
3:00pm EST - 6:00pm EST: Pokémon Video Game Finals (Junior, Senior, and Masters Divisions)
6:00pm EST: Closing Ceremony
The official Pokemon Web site has also announced that Aegislash will be available at the 2014 Pokemon World Championships obtainable through wireless distribution. All you need to do is bring your Nintendo 3DS and a copy of the "Pokemon X and Y" to the World Championships during the weekend of the event for the Aegislash distribution.
Aegislash will be at level 50 at distribution, making him the perfect fighter for Double Battles due to its Wide Guard ability. Its other moves include King's Shield, Shadow Ball and Flash Cannon. Getting it via the distribution at level 50 is an advantage because Wide Guard is available only as an Egg Move, making it difficult to attain via normal gameplay.
'Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire' at gamescom
Those in Germany have an even special deal. According to the report, a special Pokeball Pattern Vivillon will be debuting during the Gamescom from August 14 to 17. It's the same Pokeball Pattern Vivillon coming to France and Japan.
But more than that, Gamescom will be the venue to watch out for a video message from Junichi Masuda himself, as well as a special Pokemon Battle Competition that will give fans the chance to win a copy of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." Details for the last point, however, have not yet been revealed.
TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes Into 'Pokemon X and Y' Territory
The sudden Internet sensation, Twitch Plays Pokemon is still continuing in the sidelines even when the sudden hype has ebbed. Though most players are turned towards "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" as Game Freak and Nintendo's upcoming Pokemon installment, Twitch Plays Pokemon is still moving through the Pokemon titles.
DualShockers reports that after going through the earlier games, Twitch Plays Pokemon has finally caught up to "Pokemon X and Y" and is already heading into Kalos territory along with its sizable players.
For those who are new to Twitch Plays Pokemon, it's an anonymously created site in Twitch that allows millions of viewers and players to control the hero in the Pokemon games. While the commands may seem simultaneous, each command is inputted into the game on a first-submitted, first-executed manner.
As ridiculous as it sounded at first, the players have gone through an evolution together with the game, starting out with a long and hard journey with "Pokemon Red and Blue," through a created religion of Helix Fossil and Bird Jesus, and now into "Pokemon X and Y."
You can check out the ordered chaos in this Twitch page right here and take part. The previous titles may not have been as big as before, but "Pokemon X and Y" could hold the next hype for the game.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election