Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y and More Events
By Gel Galang | July 29, 2014 2:00 PM EST
With a full three months to go before "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" debuts on the Nintendo 3DS, the schedule for the World Championships has been revealed.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Trusted Pokemon source Serebii has detailed some of the new information for the World Championships, starting with the streaming schedules for August 16 and 17:
9:00am EST: Opening Ceremony
9:30am EST - 5:00pm EST: Pokemon Video Game Streaming
5:00pm EST - 9:00pm EST: Pokemon TCG Streaming
9:00am EST: TCG Masters top 4
10:00am EST - 3:00pm EST: Pokémon TCG Finals (Junior, Senior, and Masters Divisions)
3:00pm EST - 6:00pm EST: Pokémon Video Game Finals (Junior, Senior, and Masters Divisions)
6:00pm EST: Closing Ceremony
The official Pokemon Web site has also announced that Aegislash will be available at the 2014 Pokemon World Championships obtainable through wireless distribution. All you need to do is bring your Nintendo 3DS and a copy of the "Pokemon X and Y" to the World Championships during the weekend of the event for the Aegislash distribution.
Aegislash will be at level 50 at distribution, making him the perfect fighter for Double Battles due to its Wide Guard ability. Its other moves include King's Shield, Shadow Ball and Flash Cannon. Getting it via the distribution at level 50 is an advantage because Wide Guard is available only as an Egg Move, making it difficult to attain via normal gameplay.
'Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire' at gamescom
Those in Germany have an even special deal. According to the report, a special Pokeball Pattern Vivillon will be debuting during the Gamescom from August 14 to 17. It's the same Pokeball Pattern Vivillon coming to France and Japan.
But more than that, Gamescom will be the venue to watch out for a video message from Junichi Masuda himself, as well as a special Pokemon Battle Competition that will give fans the chance to win a copy of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." Details for the last point, however, have not yet been revealed.
TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes Into 'Pokemon X and Y' Territory
The sudden Internet sensation, Twitch Plays Pokemon is still continuing in the sidelines even when the sudden hype has ebbed. Though most players are turned towards "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" as Game Freak and Nintendo's upcoming Pokemon installment, Twitch Plays Pokemon is still moving through the Pokemon titles.
DualShockers reports that after going through the earlier games, Twitch Plays Pokemon has finally caught up to "Pokemon X and Y" and is already heading into Kalos territory along with its sizable players.
For those who are new to Twitch Plays Pokemon, it's an anonymously created site in Twitch that allows millions of viewers and players to control the hero in the Pokemon games. While the commands may seem simultaneous, each command is inputted into the game on a first-submitted, first-executed manner.
As ridiculous as it sounded at first, the players have gone through an evolution together with the game, starting out with a long and hard journey with "Pokemon Red and Blue," through a created religion of Helix Fossil and Bird Jesus, and now into "Pokemon X and Y."
You can check out the ordered chaos in this Twitch page right here and take part. The previous titles may not have been as big as before, but "Pokemon X and Y" could hold the next hype for the game.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories