2014 San Diego Comic Con’s Women Who Kick *ss Panel: GOT Maisie Williams, SOA Katey Sagal & AHS Sarah Paulson
By Riza Ornos | July 29, 2014 1:41 PM EST
In the recent San Diego Comic Convention, women in Hollywood has proved once again that they can dominate and kick *ss in a world full of men. Now an annual event, Women Who Kick *ss discussion panel talks about everything about women, from makeup and beauty secrets to stunt coordination advice to "what p*sses them off."
Actress Maisie Williams from the HBO series "Game of Thrones", arrives at the AFI Awards 2013 honoring excellence in film and television in Beverly Hills, California January 10, 2014.
There are six women who got the invites for this year's panel and they are the classic example of women who can stand on their own and still looking fabulous while doing. The panelists include "American Horror Story" Sarah Paulson, "Sleepy Hallow" Nicole Beharie, "Game of Thrones" Maisie Williams and Natalie Dormer, "Orphan Black" Tatiana Maslany and "Sons of Anarchy" matriarch Katey Sagal.
Returning to Hall H on Saturday, July 26, the empowered women of the small screen gathered together as they answer the questions from fans. Known for her role as the fiery Gemma Teller of the FX biker drama series, Sagal admitted that she's a little bit afraid every season. "It's just awesome to feel that way, and to feel challenged," she said in an interview posted on Entertainment Weekly.
"I had to do a scene yesterday that literally, in a page and a half, I had to go from A to Z, and I was like, 'I don't f-king know where this is.' And you're on the day, and it's television, and you have to get there quick. There's no, 'Come back tomorrow and try again," she added.
Best known for her role as Arya Stark, Williams is the youngest actress in the panel and wishes that she could do more stunts like riding a horse and not rely on her stunt double. Dormer who plays Margaery Tyrell revealed that she wanted to play Maisie's role as Arya and was very passionate about the topic on sexualization of women.
"I don't think that it's healthy for young girls to be looking at these beauty magazines and watching TV and these shows and thinking [that's the standard]... there's more European attitude -- you look at French film, Spanish film, they're a little more open to quirks and human nature. That we're not all symmetrical, not all the same shape... we need more of that," she revealed in an interview posted on Hit Fix.
Maslany also revealed that landing the role as Tony was a "privilege" and a "huge responsibility" for her. But she took it as a challenge where she used her fear and doubts to create one of the show's memorable character. Paulson who plays an 80-year-old woman in "American Horror Story" said that she's very "conscious of not doing it for caricature" and revealed that she didn't worry about being attractive to other people.
More of the interview here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown