Call of Duty vs. Battlefield: Teased Image Reveals Coop Mode; BF4’s Possible DLC Additions Spotted
By Gel Galang | July 29, 2014 12:24 PM EST
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" has been teasing quite a lot of new technology and gadgets coming with the game, considering that this is the aspect that developer Sledgehammer Games considers to be the game changer for the franchise.
People walk near a Battlefield 4 display at the Electronic Arts booth during the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
However, as far as leaks of the actual gameplay and content, there has been very little coming from the developer. That is until a fan-requested leaked photo of the co-op was rolled out.
Gameranx has spotted the confirmed cooperative mode via a deliberately blurred out image from Michael Condrey. The image can be found in this Reddit link, but the image has been effectively blurred out that the only thing that one can actually distinguish is that the image is focused on a computer screen that supposedly features the coop mode.
But more than this teaser, the report also mentions that there is a possibility that Hardpoint and Capture the Flag will be returning modes for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare."
While the source for this confirmation is from an eSports player rather than Sledgehammer Games, this is another piece of information that should be taken with a grain of salt.
'Battlefield 4' to Come with More DLCs?
Fans of "Battlefield" have recently gotten an update for the upcoming "Battlefield Hardline," where the game has been announced to encounter a delay until 2015.
But for those still enjoying "Battlefield 4," a new rumour may be a way to compensate for the extended time waiting for the next installment of the game.
VG 24/7 reports that Final Stand, the upcoming DLC for the title, may not be the last DLC after all, at least according to the rumour. The report cites YouTuber Westie, who has looked into the source code to find references to a possible DLC in the future apart from Final Stand.
In the video, the supposed clue for the additional DLC lies in two empty slots in the code where more DLCs can be developed and included for "Battlefield 4." Westie does emphasize that all of this is purely unconfirmed, so best to take this with a grain of salt as you watch the video theory below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy