Kate Middleton Hurt By The Queen's Criticism, Turns To Her Mother Carole For Help --- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 29, 2014 12:02 PM EST
Kate Middleton is reportedly hurt by the Queen's criticism against her and husband Prince William's excessive spending. It has put her in a financial crisis and she has turned to her mother, Carole, for help.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrives at Bletchley Park near Milton Keynes in southern England June 18, 2014. The Duchess of Cambridge visited the recently restored site where British codebreakers worked during World War II to decipher encrypted messages sent by the Germans.
IBTimes previously reported that Kate and William spent a huge amount of government money for the renovations of Anmer Hall. Queen Elizabeth reportedly slammed the royal couple for spending $2.5 million for the cottage's new roof tiles. Another $800,000 for the estate's landscaping and Anmer Hall's sitting room. A source claimed the Queen was astonished and unhappy at the extravagant amount spent just for a renovation.
Aside from the renovations on Anmer Hall, another report from IBTimes claimed Kate Middleton and Prince William also spent around £4 million of government money (equivalent to $6,807,980) in refurbishing their apartment in Kensington Palace. Also another undisclosed amount of money was spent to move their things from St. James Palace to Kensington Palace.
Now a new report claimed Kate Middleton has turned to her mother for support in controlling her finances. According to independent.ie, a source close to the Middleton's told British mag "Woman" that Carole has recently helped her daughter solve her money problems.
"Carole's a problem solver and is confident in her ability to deal with any crisis. It must sicken her that people criticise Kate after all the sacrifices she's made, but she knows complaining won't make any difference," the source said.
Carole reportedly told Kate Middleton to "open her eyes" and to "never get complacent." She is reportedly exerting a lot of effort into fixing her daughter's money problems. Carole Middleton reportedly told her daughter to "just be herself," referring to the Kate Middleton whom Prince William fell in love with and got married to.
"After all, William and the country fell in love with her as regular girl - not a duchess," the source added.
The renovation in Anmer Hall was reportedly in preparation for Kate Middleton and Prince William's transfer from Kensington Palace. The couple had reportedly wanted to move in to the quiet setting of the vast estate since it's an ideal place to raise their son, Prince George. However, they have decided to remain at their 21-room apartment in the palace reportedly due to financial reasons. This way also all the money spent and efforts done in renovating their apartment won't go to waste.
Source:YouTube/ Newsloop Entertainment
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy