Shakira Pregnant, Second Child With Gerard Pique A Girl 'Confirms' Pal Carlos Vives
By Tanya Diente | July 29, 2014 10:59 AM EST
Shakira is reportedly giving one-year old son Milan a sibling. Her friend Carlos Vives has confirmed she is expecting another child with her boyfriend, Barcelona football player Gerard Pique.
Singer Shakira holds her son Milan Pique during the 2014 World Cup closing ceremony at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro July 13, 2014.
Mirror UK reported that Shakira's close friend and fellow singer Carlos Vives has confirmed the petite singer's pregnancy.
"Yes, she is pregnant and she's very happy," he revealed during an award ceremony in Miami, Florida.
Another source also claimed Shakira is pregnant with a baby girl.
According to Latino.foxnews.com, Raul de Molina, co-host of the popular Univision show, "El Gordo y La Flaca," ("The Fat Man and the Skinny Woman") told People en Español that sources close to Shakira have confirmed her pregnancy.
"She is indeed pregnant and that the parents are more than happy because she is expecting a girl," Molina said.
Molina defended the credibility of the confirmation by claiming that he also confirmed the singer's pregnancy with Milan the previous year.
Rumours of Shakira's pregnancy first surfaced when the singer limited her signature hips sway while belly-dancing during her performance at the World Cup 2014 final in Rio de Janeiro. Reports claimed she was also spotted already revealing a baby bump during the performance.
However, the "Hips Don't Lie" singer and Gerard Pique have remained tight-lipped since the pregnancy rumours started. Their reps have also neither confirmed nor commented on the rumours.
Shakira met Gerard Pique, 27, when he starred in her music video for "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)," the official song of the World Cup in 2010. Sparks flew and they have been dating since.
In her "Latina" cover for the mag's April 2014 issue, Shakira said she has no time for a second baby because of her busy schedule.
"If it weren't because of my music projects, I would be pregnant already," said the 37-year-old singer.
But given the chance for another child, Shakira said she would "love to have eight or nine kids" with Gerard. She said it would be her own "futbol team."
Shakira claimed motherhood has changed her outlook in life. Having a baby, she said, has made her "feel at peace with the world." It has made her so happy that she also wants to share that happiness with everyone. She also said her son has helped her "learn how to focus" when making music since she "used to go in circles around an idea."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues