Shakira Pregnant, Second Child With Gerard Pique A Girl 'Confirms' Pal Carlos Vives
By Tanya Diente | July 29, 2014 10:59 AM EST
Shakira is reportedly giving one-year old son Milan a sibling. Her friend Carlos Vives has confirmed she is expecting another child with her boyfriend, Barcelona football player Gerard Pique.
Singer Shakira holds her son Milan Pique during the 2014 World Cup closing ceremony at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro July 13, 2014.
Mirror UK reported that Shakira's close friend and fellow singer Carlos Vives has confirmed the petite singer's pregnancy.
"Yes, she is pregnant and she's very happy," he revealed during an award ceremony in Miami, Florida.
Another source also claimed Shakira is pregnant with a baby girl.
According to Latino.foxnews.com, Raul de Molina, co-host of the popular Univision show, "El Gordo y La Flaca," ("The Fat Man and the Skinny Woman") told People en Español that sources close to Shakira have confirmed her pregnancy.
"She is indeed pregnant and that the parents are more than happy because she is expecting a girl," Molina said.
Molina defended the credibility of the confirmation by claiming that he also confirmed the singer's pregnancy with Milan the previous year.
Rumours of Shakira's pregnancy first surfaced when the singer limited her signature hips sway while belly-dancing during her performance at the World Cup 2014 final in Rio de Janeiro. Reports claimed she was also spotted already revealing a baby bump during the performance.
However, the "Hips Don't Lie" singer and Gerard Pique have remained tight-lipped since the pregnancy rumours started. Their reps have also neither confirmed nor commented on the rumours.
Shakira met Gerard Pique, 27, when he starred in her music video for "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)," the official song of the World Cup in 2010. Sparks flew and they have been dating since.
In her "Latina" cover for the mag's April 2014 issue, Shakira said she has no time for a second baby because of her busy schedule.
"If it weren't because of my music projects, I would be pregnant already," said the 37-year-old singer.
But given the chance for another child, Shakira said she would "love to have eight or nine kids" with Gerard. She said it would be her own "futbol team."
Shakira claimed motherhood has changed her outlook in life. Having a baby, she said, has made her "feel at peace with the world." It has made her so happy that she also wants to share that happiness with everyone. She also said her son has helped her "learn how to focus" when making music since she "used to go in circles around an idea."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border