Australian Police Investigated for Prank Picture of Handcuffed Lily Allen
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 29, 2014 10:21 AM EST
The Australian Federal Police were placed in hot waters for breach of protocol after an Instagram post showed the British singer/songwriter Lily Allen on handcuff.
Singer Lily Allen arrives for the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
According to a report from TMZ, a group of police officers were accompanying the 29-year old singer through the Gold Coast Airport in Queensland on Sunday afternoon prior to her performance at the Splendour of the Grass that night on Byron Bay, New South Wales. One police officer broke the protocol when he obliged to the star who jokingly requested her to handcuff her for a snapshot.
The singer then posted a picture of the prank arrest on her Instagram account with almost 4.8 million followers. The photo showed Lily Allen in a kneeling position with her head bowed low, her hands were handcuffed behind her back. One of the cops was in a bent position behind the star while holding her handcuffed hands.
The photo of her fake arrest was captioned with the hashtag #uhoh and immediately got over 7,700 likes and hundreds of retweets on the social media.
But the AFP was unhappy with the prank picture that they launched an "internal process" to investigate the matter. An AFP spokesperson confirmed the snapshot to The Guardian.
"It appears the members involved were caught up in the moment and standard protocols were breached," the AFP spokesperson said.
Menwhile, Gold Coast City Councilor Dawn Crichlow told the Fairfax radio that thestunt with Lily Allen's fake arrest was not good. She stated that she does not appreciate a picture of the cops playing around with their handcuffs.
"It's bad that the federal police allowed this to happen and they should be hauled over the coals," she stated. Councilor Crischlow added that it would have been fun if the police office gave the star his cap and have the snapshot taken like that.
One Twitter user who learned the news of Sheezus hit maker's prank arrest posted: "Oi Australian Federal Police, pull your heads in, leave the whole @lilyallen thing alone and get back to doing like... real work."
There is no information though whether the AFP got in touch with Lily Allen but she deleted the Instagram post and hour after.
Read the tweet below:
Oi Australian Federal Police, pull your heads in, leave the whole @lilyallen thing alone and get back to doing like... real work.
— Michael Beveridge (@mickyb273) July 28, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid