Sony Xperia Z3 Leaked Features Include More Resilient and Sturdy Body than Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1
By Ryan Inoyori | July 29, 2014 10:19 AM EST
Specs of the Sony Xperia Z3 leaked recently and it features several upgrade factors from software to hardware. Moreover, sources claim that Xperia Z3 will use PVD coating to make it more resilient and sturdier than previous Xperia smartphones.
Processor and Memory
According to @evleaks, Sony Xperia Z3 boasts 2.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor. It is slightly higher compared to the 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801 on Xperia Z2 but better than the 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 800 on Xperia Z1.
Newer processor model features several improvements not usually known by many such as better heat management, less power consumption and more optimised performance than previous models.
For memory management, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 have the same 3 GB of RAM which is 1 GB higher than Xperia Z1 RAM chipset. When it comes to graphics, all three smartphones boast Adreno 330 GPU.
Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 are all running Android KitKat. Based on the leaked details, Xperia Z3 will run Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Xperia Home UI but the software features remain unknown.
Certain apps and services may be released on Xperia Z3 as exclusives similar to what Sony Mobile did on Xperia Z2 such as Timeshift video and 4K video recording. Third-party developers provide these exclusives by porting them on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 smartphones once released.
Design and Resilience
It is expected that Sony won't remove the IP 55/58 certification on Xperia Z3 for dust and water resistance. But speculations reported by Christian Today claim that Xperia Z3 sports a metal with PVD coating to make the device thinner, sturdier and more resilient than Xperia Z2 or Xperia Z1.
Physical vapour deposition or PVD can deliver several advantages on mobile devices in terms of resilience.
1. Harder and more resistant to corrosion than coatings applied by the electroplating process.
2. More resilient against impact to reduce damage from drops and bumps.
3. Higher resistance against abrasion and scratches.
4. PVD process is more environmentally friendly.
5. More than one technique can be used to deposit a given film.
Leaked specs claim that Sony Xperia Z3 will have the same 20.7 MP camera such as found on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1. It is expected that Sony Mobile may deliver something new to the camera application which happened on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1.
Sony offers Smart Social Camera application allowing users to download several add-ons to the camera but when Xperia Z2 debut, it featured the Timeshift Video and 4K video recording for the first time in addition to Creative Effects and Vine. Xperia Z1 can use some of those camera apps via Google Play Store or by porting them from third-party sources such as XDA.
Sony Xperia Z3 is expected to be announced at the IFA 2014 event in Berlin, Germany with possible release date on the following month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia