Sony Xperia Z3 Leaked Features Include More Resilient and Sturdy Body than Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1
By Ryan Inoyori | July 29, 2014 10:19 AM EST
Specs of the Sony Xperia Z3 leaked recently and it features several upgrade factors from software to hardware. Moreover, sources claim that Xperia Z3 will use PVD coating to make it more resilient and sturdier than previous Xperia smartphones.
Processor and Memory
According to @evleaks, Sony Xperia Z3 boasts 2.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor. It is slightly higher compared to the 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801 on Xperia Z2 but better than the 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 800 on Xperia Z1.
Newer processor model features several improvements not usually known by many such as better heat management, less power consumption and more optimised performance than previous models.
For memory management, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 have the same 3 GB of RAM which is 1 GB higher than Xperia Z1 RAM chipset. When it comes to graphics, all three smartphones boast Adreno 330 GPU.
Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 are all running Android KitKat. Based on the leaked details, Xperia Z3 will run Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Xperia Home UI but the software features remain unknown.
Certain apps and services may be released on Xperia Z3 as exclusives similar to what Sony Mobile did on Xperia Z2 such as Timeshift video and 4K video recording. Third-party developers provide these exclusives by porting them on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 smartphones once released.
Design and Resilience
It is expected that Sony won't remove the IP 55/58 certification on Xperia Z3 for dust and water resistance. But speculations reported by Christian Today claim that Xperia Z3 sports a metal with PVD coating to make the device thinner, sturdier and more resilient than Xperia Z2 or Xperia Z1.
Physical vapour deposition or PVD can deliver several advantages on mobile devices in terms of resilience.
1. Harder and more resistant to corrosion than coatings applied by the electroplating process.
2. More resilient against impact to reduce damage from drops and bumps.
3. Higher resistance against abrasion and scratches.
4. PVD process is more environmentally friendly.
5. More than one technique can be used to deposit a given film.
Leaked specs claim that Sony Xperia Z3 will have the same 20.7 MP camera such as found on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1. It is expected that Sony Mobile may deliver something new to the camera application which happened on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1.
Sony offers Smart Social Camera application allowing users to download several add-ons to the camera but when Xperia Z2 debut, it featured the Timeshift Video and 4K video recording for the first time in addition to Creative Effects and Vine. Xperia Z1 can use some of those camera apps via Google Play Store or by porting them from third-party sources such as XDA.
Sony Xperia Z3 is expected to be announced at the IFA 2014 event in Berlin, Germany with possible release date on the following month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS