Sony Xperia Z3 Leaked Features Include More Resilient and Sturdy Body than Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1
By Ryan Inoyori | July 29, 2014 10:19 AM EST
Specs of the Sony Xperia Z3 leaked recently and it features several upgrade factors from software to hardware. Moreover, sources claim that Xperia Z3 will use PVD coating to make it more resilient and sturdier than previous Xperia smartphones.
Processor and Memory
According to @evleaks, Sony Xperia Z3 boasts 2.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor. It is slightly higher compared to the 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801 on Xperia Z2 but better than the 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 800 on Xperia Z1.
Newer processor model features several improvements not usually known by many such as better heat management, less power consumption and more optimised performance than previous models.
For memory management, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 have the same 3 GB of RAM which is 1 GB higher than Xperia Z1 RAM chipset. When it comes to graphics, all three smartphones boast Adreno 330 GPU.
Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 are all running Android KitKat. Based on the leaked details, Xperia Z3 will run Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Xperia Home UI but the software features remain unknown.
Certain apps and services may be released on Xperia Z3 as exclusives similar to what Sony Mobile did on Xperia Z2 such as Timeshift video and 4K video recording. Third-party developers provide these exclusives by porting them on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 smartphones once released.
Design and Resilience
It is expected that Sony won't remove the IP 55/58 certification on Xperia Z3 for dust and water resistance. But speculations reported by Christian Today claim that Xperia Z3 sports a metal with PVD coating to make the device thinner, sturdier and more resilient than Xperia Z2 or Xperia Z1.
Physical vapour deposition or PVD can deliver several advantages on mobile devices in terms of resilience.
1. Harder and more resistant to corrosion than coatings applied by the electroplating process.
2. More resilient against impact to reduce damage from drops and bumps.
3. Higher resistance against abrasion and scratches.
4. PVD process is more environmentally friendly.
5. More than one technique can be used to deposit a given film.
Leaked specs claim that Sony Xperia Z3 will have the same 20.7 MP camera such as found on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1. It is expected that Sony Mobile may deliver something new to the camera application which happened on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1.
Sony offers Smart Social Camera application allowing users to download several add-ons to the camera but when Xperia Z2 debut, it featured the Timeshift Video and 4K video recording for the first time in addition to Creative Effects and Vine. Xperia Z1 can use some of those camera apps via Google Play Store or by porting them from third-party sources such as XDA.
Sony Xperia Z3 is expected to be announced at the IFA 2014 event in Berlin, Germany with possible release date on the following month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]