HTC One (M8)’s Windows Phone 8.1 Variant HTC One (W8) in the Offing
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 29, 2014 10:11 AM EST
The 2014 flagship HTC One (M8) was released in March. The handset packs killer high-end features and terrific under the hood performance. It is worth pointing out that, the handset's design is one of the unique selling points of the HTC One M8. Capitalizing on the famed design, HTC will reportedly be launching a Windows Phone model of the HTC One M8 dubbed the HTC One (W8).
According to earlier reports, the upcoming HTC One W8 was spotted in a leak with Verizon as the mobile carrier. The same leak also pointed to a release date towards the end of September, according to Phone Arena.
Apparently, the One W8 will look like a replica of the One M8. This includes the Duo Camera and BoomSound speaker features. However, the new report also opines that the upcoming HTC handset could be based on a new model named A9, which is again not announced at this point. Furthermore, the A9 will reportedly come with high-end specifications combined with a mid-range price tag.
Therefore, Windows Phone 8.1 variant of the HTC One (M8) is in the offing. Notably, the original source of this rumour points to Tom Warren from the credible site The Verge.
Other than the Windows Phone variant, earlier reports also suggested that a plastic variant of the HTC One M8 called HTC One E8 will be released shortly. The HTC One E8 (also known as HTC One Ace) was released in China in the month of June. Following the release in China, the handset has now been announced in India and Taiwan. Therefore the handset will see a global release very soon.
Notably, the handset was aimed at the price conscious emerging markets. Nevertheless, HTC is planning to sell the One E8 in other markets as well to maintain the sales growth in third and fourth quarter of 2014. This change of plan is because of the unexpected slump in the HTC One M8's sales growth and hence a point of concern for the company, according to Focus Taiwan via Phone Arena.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness