Eugenie Bouchard Appears on the Cover of Elle Quebec, Reveals She’s ‘New’ to Fashion Photography
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 29, 2014 9:11 AM EST
Rising star Eugenie Bouchard is the face of the August issue of Elle Quebec. The 20-year-old Canadian tennis athlete shared a picture of her magazine cover on her social media accounts.
Eugenie Bouchard of Canada waves after defeating Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia in their women's singles tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London June 24, 2014. REUTERS/Stefan Wermuth (BRITAIN - Tags: SPORT TENNIS TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY)
In an interview with Elle Quebec, Bouchard revealed that "the world of fashion photography was new and very different" from her usual day at the tennis court, but she handled it well. When asked if she felt nervous during the shoot, the world's seventh-ranked stunner was quick to reply that she never felt nervy at all.
Bouchard has appeared in a number of editorials in 2014. She was featured in Canada's fashion magazine Flare in February. In April, she appeared on the cover of Chic Magazine on Germany. Vogue Magazine also did a feature story on Bouchard in June.
In 2013, Bouchard was named as World Tennis Association's (WTA) Newcomer of the Year. She has made quite some noise in 2014 after becoming the only Canadian athlete to have reached a Grand Slam final. She made it to the finals of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships before losing to Petra Kvitova in straight sets. Bouchard also reached the semi-finals of the 2014 Australian Open and the 2014 French Open.
Bouchard's outstanding performance in the current season has vaulted her into the top 10 of world rankings. She bettered veteran athletes Victoria Azarenka, Jelena Jankovic, and Angelique Kerber, who were positioned at the tenth, ninth, and eighth places, respectively. Bouchard, who was once dubbed as the next Maria Sharapova in terms of marketability, has reached her all-time career singles ranking at the seventh spot.
Bouchard was scheduled to play at the 2014 Citi Open, but pulled out of the tournament. According to reports, Bouchard's first tournament after Wimbledon loss is the 2014 Roger's Cup.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone