Premier League: Man Utd Boss to Confront Chelsea Manager Over Foul Remark
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 5:44 AM EST
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal will confront Jose Mourinho over the latter's remark that signing Luke Shaw for such a large sum would have caused the Blues instability.
Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sp
Jul 22, 2014; Pasadena, CA, USA; Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera, head coach Louis Van Gaal and defender Luke Shaw talk to the media during a press conference a day before the game against the Los Angeles Galaxy at the Rose Bowl.
"If we pay to a 19-year-old boy what we were being asked for, to sign Luke Shaw, we are dead," were the Portuguese manager's exact words when prompted with a question that involved Shaw.
The 19-year-old Southampton Academy graduate reportedly cost the Red Devils around £33million despite only having two seasons of Premier League experience under his belt.
The move by the Special One is perceived to be part of his gimmicks to shift the pressure to opposing clubs, or player for this matter, as the Premier League season nears.
But, van Gaal refused to fall for his trick as the former Ajax gaffer would prefer to sort things out behind closed doors.
"I don't have to answer, I don't think I have to discuss things with the media. Its better to discuss it with Jose," said the Dutch mentor.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]