Premier League: Man Utd Boss to Confront Chelsea Manager Over Foul Remark
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 5:44 AM EST
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal will confront Jose Mourinho over the latter's remark that signing Luke Shaw for such a large sum would have caused the Blues instability.
Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sp
Jul 22, 2014; Pasadena, CA, USA; Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera, head coach Louis Van Gaal and defender Luke Shaw talk to the media during a press conference a day before the game against the Los Angeles Galaxy at the Rose Bowl.
"If we pay to a 19-year-old boy what we were being asked for, to sign Luke Shaw, we are dead," were the Portuguese manager's exact words when prompted with a question that involved Shaw.
The 19-year-old Southampton Academy graduate reportedly cost the Red Devils around £33million despite only having two seasons of Premier League experience under his belt.
The move by the Special One is perceived to be part of his gimmicks to shift the pressure to opposing clubs, or player for this matter, as the Premier League season nears.
But, van Gaal refused to fall for his trick as the former Ajax gaffer would prefer to sort things out behind closed doors.
"I don't have to answer, I don't think I have to discuss things with the media. Its better to discuss it with Jose," said the Dutch mentor.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage