Transfer News: Liverpool and Arsenal Suffer Blow as French Winger Opts for Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 4:52 AM EST
Premier League clubs Liverpool and Arsenal suffered a blow as Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann, who rumoured to be on their wish list, opted to move to Atletico Madrid.
The 23-year-old, who started three of France's five World Cup matches, which includes the 1-nil quarter-finals loss to Germany, had been solid fixture for La Real.
France's Antoine Griezmann (R) controls the ball next to Germany's Philipp Lahm during their 2014 World Cup quarter-finals at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro July 4, 2014.
His scoring output rose consistently from 6 during his days in the Segunda Division in 2009 to 16 last season, coupled with 4 assists, in the La Liga.
"Atlético de Madrid and Real Sociedad have reached an agreement for the transfer of Antoine Griezmann," a statement read on Atleti's official Website.
"The young French football player will undergo the corresponding medical examination before signing the contract with our Club."
Griezmann will suggestedly cost the Rojiblancos £27million, should the deal push through.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy