Liverpool FC Transfer News: Deal Falls Through as QPR Striker Fails Medical
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 3:53 AM EST
The supposed move by Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy to Liverpool fell through, as the Frenchman reportedly failed the medical.
He spent his 2013/14 season with Newcastle United after QPR failed to retain top-flight status, tallying a decent 14 goals along with 3 assists.
QPR's Loic Remy supposed move to Liverpool fell through due to a reported failed medical
"Reports have come out that he failed a medical. That's not possible. He is a very fit lad, there has to be another reason," said Hoops boss Harry Redknapp.
"He had a stringent one here, one at Marseille and at Newcastle and with France before the World Cup. You couldn't meet a fitter lad."
The 27-year-old moved to Loftus Road in January 2013 for a suggested fee of £8million, as part of Rednkapp's attempt to keep the Rs, who were then at the bottom of the table, in the Premier League.
Nevertheless, the English mentor sees the failed deal as a blessing in disguise.
"Their loss is our gain - we've got a fantastic striker," he added.
"I said last year he was capable of scoring 20 goals in the Premier League. That's what we now want him to do for us."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2