Transfer News: Manchester City Pair will Remain at the Etihad Amid Serie A Links
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 2:51 AM EST
Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov and Stevan Jovetic will not head anywhere this summer, amid rumours linking them to Serie A powerhouse clubs like Juventus and Inter Milan.
"I have extended my contract and I remain here,"the 28-year-old Serbian told Sky Sports.
Manchester City players celebrate Fernandinho's goal against Swansea City in the English Premier League, January 1.
"In the past I had been linked to Roma, Inter Milan and Juventus, and instead, I was one step away from another Italian team. Now I have no doubt about my stay."
Jovetic, 24, on the other hand, regained his confidence this offseason after suffering from a tumultuous debut last season marred with injuries.
"Now I feel everyone's confidence, so I'm staying here. Many of my friends from Italy called me, but I decided to stay here and prove who I am," said the Montenegin international.
"I'm fine there (at City), we will see in the future."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles