Transfer News: Manchester City Pair will Remain at the Etihad Amid Serie A Links
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 2:51 AM EST
Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov and Stevan Jovetic will not head anywhere this summer, amid rumours linking them to Serie A powerhouse clubs like Juventus and Inter Milan.
"I have extended my contract and I remain here,"the 28-year-old Serbian told Sky Sports.
Manchester City players celebrate Fernandinho's goal against Swansea City in the English Premier League, January 1.
"In the past I had been linked to Roma, Inter Milan and Juventus, and instead, I was one step away from another Italian team. Now I have no doubt about my stay."
Jovetic, 24, on the other hand, regained his confidence this offseason after suffering from a tumultuous debut last season marred with injuries.
"Now I feel everyone's confidence, so I'm staying here. Many of my friends from Italy called me, but I decided to stay here and prove who I am," said the Montenegin international.
"I'm fine there (at City), we will see in the future."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports