FIFA Probes Alleged Manchester City Racism Incident
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 2:37 AM EST
FIFA is currently looking into the alleged racism incident claimed by Manchester City that took place in Croatia during the Club's under-21 match.
The 20-year-old Sky Blues playmaker Seko Fofana was reportedly subjected to the flagrant act, which prompted youth side coach Patrick Vieira to stage a squad walkout while the game was ongoing.
"We are in contact with the relevant member associations to enquire and monitor the situation. We will be in a position to further evaluate the matter, once we gather all the relevant information," said a FIFA spokesperson.
Meanwhile, Italian FA vice-president Carlo Tavecchio will also be investigated following reports that he mentioned an African player "previously ate bananas."
"Media reports concerning alleged racist comments by one of the presidential candidates for the Italian FA have alerted Fifa's Task Force against racism and discrimination and its chairman Jeffrey Webb," the spokesman added.
"As such, Fifa has written a letter to the Italian FA asking it to take the appropriate steps to investigate and decide on this matter and report to Fifa."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate