iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
By Arlene Paredes | July 29, 2014 1:57 AM EST
The Apple iPhone 6 release date is anticipated in the final quarter of the year. Those planning to upgrade their smartphones are looking into unconfirmed, mostly rumoured specs of the new iPhone. Here are some of the rumoured specs and how it could affect users. Price considerations play into the final decision making process, too.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
Various reports citing various sources (factory insiders, analysts, leaks seen on Asian publications) generally announce the Apple iPhone 6 release date falls within the last quarter of the year.
The unconfirmed reports are saying the iPhone 6 would run on a new processor, which will supposedly allow a mobile working environment that is robust and virtually problem-free. On the outside, the new iPhone would be tougher against drops (you drop it, you don't worry - much).
The iPhone 6 camera would reportedly come with a technology that allows users to tweak their photos more easily. It will also allow users to use the internet in high speeds comparable to browsing in their desktop computers.
If the iPhone 6 release date really does fall around September-October this year, it is time to decide on a couple of things: One, is a mobile plan purchase better, or is the new iPhone affordable for its tag price off contract? Two, and perhaps more important - must one have this new Apple phone?
One of the reports indicate the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 price could be cheaper than other devices in its generation. As to how cheap, nothing has been announced yet. For reference, the current Apple flagship phone, the iPhone 5S (32GB), carries a price tag of AU$940 on Mobicity.
Recent reports are saying the iPhone 6 release could come in two dates: one for the 4.7-inch variant, and another for the much-anticipated 5.5-inch model. The smaller variant would be out first, says the reports.
Specs considered, there is a lot in the rumoured specs of the so-called iPhone 6 that are already available in other Android phones. The Apple iPhone 5S is already good, even without NFC capability (which allows users to pay electronically using the phone itself as a wallet). The new iPhone is perfect for early adopters, but going for cheaper phones (the 5S, for instance) would not be a bad idea.
For users upgrading their smartphone for the first time in a long time, wait a bit longer. Avoid buyer's remorse by waiting for the actual release of the product. Compare and contrast specs with other phones. Determine whether you or not you need its special features. Buying a new iPhone probably won't break the bank, but it is always good to spend wisely.
Still, phone users eager to use the latest iPhone with the latest (soon-to-be-launched to the public) Apple operating system - the iOS 8 - would probably care about one thing: the iPhone 6 release date. The rest does not matter, they have waited long enough for this new generation iPhone.
Have you made up your mind about the iPhone 6 despite the lack of official word from Apple?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports