‘The Voice Australia’ Winner Anja Nissen Explains Why She Scrapped Delta Goodrem’s Song
By Anne Lu | July 28, 2014 8:56 PM EST
“The Voice Australia” winner Anja Nissen was supposed to release her first single titled “My Girls,” which was co-written by Delta Goodrem. However, the song was scrapped at the last minute to be replaced by a new song she recorded with will.i.am.
The sudden change of plans has confused viewers, who were expecting Anja’s album to hit shelves on August 1. There was no official explanation given, which just prompted speculations that there’s trouble with former “The Voice Australia” coach Delta and the producers.
Also, according to reports, Delta’s song was ditched in favour of the Black Eyed Peas star, who can help Anja achieve international stardom. Apparently, while Delta is an Australian treasure, she’s basically unheard of in the international music scene. Will.i.am, on the other hand, is an international superstar.
“If they want to launch Anja Nissen internationally you would give priority to a song by will.i.am over one by Delta Goodrem,” Noise 11 co-founder Paul Cashmerewas quoted by news.com.au as saying.
“The fact is will.i.am has certainly had more success getting songs on the radio in the last few years. But while no one has heard either song yet you’ve got to question when a Delta Goodrem or a will.i.am write a song and don’t use it themselves.”
Former “The X Factor Australia” judge Mark Holden said Anja’s album delay might be detrimental to her career.
“In reality TV you get one moment to make an impact and unfortunately she may have missed hers,” he said.
“Delta is a briliiant songwriter so I find it hard to believe the song wasn’t any good,” he mused about reports that Delta’s song was abandoned because it was not good.
“Even if will.i.am’s new song is fantastic, I think putting of the release of the single for even a week will be an enormous mistake.”
Anja admitted that her coach will.i.am didn’t think that “My Girls” was the right song for her.
“’My Girls’ is an awesome song, a great song,” the former “Australia’s Got Talent” contestant said. “It just came down to whether or not it’s my style or not. Will just wasn’t sure.”
She further explained, “We didn’t have enough time. Will wanted to be part of the decision making process when it came to choosing the single. Will wasn’t sure if ‘My Girls’ was the right style for me. He wanted to have a few more days to think about that and start working on ideas, looking at where to go next.”
Anja’s self-titled album, which comprised of covers of various artists, will be released on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet