2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 28, 2014 7:03 PM EST
The 2014 Delta Aquarids meteor shower, which is set to peak on July 28-29, promises a good viewing experience for the interested observers due to the absence of a bright moon in the night sky. As the Delta Aquarids peak, the Perseid meteor shower begins. The NASA cameras in New Mexico spotted a couple of Perseid fireballs on Sunday, July 27, after Earth entered the stream of debris that the Comet Swift-Tuttle left behind.
Up to 20 meteors per hour are expected to be seen during the Delta Aquarids meteor shower peak before dawn on Tuesday, July 29. This shower is coming from the Aquarius constellation. The sky watchers who are in the Southern Hemisphere will be treated to a better viewing experience than those in the Northern Hemisphere.
To view the Delta Aquarids meteor shower online, the Slooh virtual observatory will be offering a video stream of the night skies from the Institute of Astrophysics in the Canary Islands as well as the Prescott Observatory in Arizona on Monday, July 28, beginning at 10 pm EDT (7 p.m. PDT/0200 GMT). According to a Space.com report, astronomer Bob Berman will be providing an audio commentary for a "soothing outdoor companion to any meteor viewing experience."
An NBC News report revealed that NASA's (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Marshall Space Flight Center will conduct a live Ustream video view in Huntsvill, Alabama on Tuesday, July 29, starting at 9:30 pm. For the observers who wish to personally view the 2014 Delta Aquarids meteor shower peak, it is suggested that they find a location far away from the bright city lights with good weather and dark skies.
Meanwhile, NASA cameras have already spotted at least five Perseid fireballs over the weekend. According to the Spaceweather.com report, the "mini-flurry" fireballs that the NASA cameras detected means the annual display of the Perseid meteor shower has kicked off.
The 2014 Perseid meteor shower peak will be from Aug. 11 to 13. However, the appearance of the Full Moon will get in the way of the viewing experience of the sky display. The brightness of the Moon during the Perseid meteor shower peak will reduce the typical 120 meteor per hour visibility to less than 30.
More Articles to Read:
2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29 - [READ]
Morgan Freeman and Jimmy Fallon Talk on Helium, Hilarious Interview Resulted at The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
Viral Video Celebrity Impressions: Rob Cantor Shares YouTube Video that Reveals Voice-Over Artists Backing Him Up in Song Titled Perfect [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown