Iggy Azalea Will Host MTV House of Style Revamp on Aug. 4, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 28, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Good news, fashion and music fans because Iggy Azalea will host the new MTV "House of Style" revamp! MTV reported that the Aussie rapper from Mullumbimby, New South Wales will host the show about fashion starting on Monday, Aug. 4, 2014. Read on to learn more about this exciting news!
Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
Check out MTV's tweet below about Iggy and "House of Style."
According to MTV, Iggy's stint with "House of Style" will include a live commentary about fashion during the 2014 Video Music Awards, or VMAs. This is reportedly part of the "House Of Style" VMA Fashion Special which will air on MTV at 7:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2014.
Aside from the VMAs, Iggy will also give viewers a tour of some of the most amazing vintage stores in Los Angeles, California. American fashion designer Jeremy Scott will assist her as she navigates the streets of L.A. looking for precious vintage finds. And, she will let people see some of the fashion used in her music videos including the "Black Widow" music video with "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Rita Ora!
Click HERE to see stylish photos of Iggy Azalea from MTV.
MTV's "House of Style" premiered on Jan.1, 1989. It was produced by Edward Christiansen. Steve Paley and Joshua Homnick directed it. It was mostly about fashion and the modeling industry that's why various models hosted it like Cindy Crawford, Molly Sims, Rebecca Romijn, Daisy Fuentes, Amber Valletta and Shalom Harlow. However, it was canceled in 2000.
In 2009, it was brought back with host Bar Refaeli and correspondent Chanel Iman. But, it disappeared again only to resurface this 2014 with Iggy Azalea as its host.
After being hosted by several supermodels in the past, it's a welcome change for the show to be hosted this time by a fashionable artist from the music industry. Aside from focusing on fashion and music, the newest technology will also be tackled as well.
This new season of MTV "House of Style" is made possible by TRESemmé, Degree Women and Unilever's Caress. It will have eight episodes.
That's it for the latest update about Iggy Azalea, including her new hosting gig for MTV "House of Style." Don't miss it as it premieres on Aug. 4, 2014 only on MTV. Click HERE to watch the previous season of MTV "House of Style." For more updates about Iggy Azalea, MTV and "House of Style," keep on reading International Business Times. Do check out other news about technology, health, finance, sports and business while you're at IBTimes.
Watch the video below featuring "House Of Style" | Ep. 12 | Laura Jane Grace:
READ MORE ABOUT IGGY AZALEA:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft