‘The Simpsons’ and ‘Family Guy’ Crossover Episode Airs Sneak Peak [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 28, 2014 6:31 PM EST
It’s almost here! A five-minute sneak peak of the highly anticipated crossover of “The Simpsons” and “Family Guy” episode has been released, and it looks as funny as expected.
Kenneth McDaniel, who is dressed as Homer Simpson from The Simpsons, is seen during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 24, 2014. REUTERS/Sandy Huffaker
In the video, screened at the Comic Con and previewed by Entertainment Weekly, the Griffins have unexpectedly found themselves at Springfield, the home of the Simpsons. The two dysfunctional families meet, and the members from each family spend time together.
Homer and Peter become friends and eventually enemies after a row over Pawtucket Patriot Ale and Duff Beer. Stewie, the Griffin baby, appears to be so intent on impressing Bart, whose antics look tamer compared to Stewie’s evil plans.
Of course, the bantering between the shows remains intact in the episode. The two Fox comedies series have been taking shots at each other over the years. Fans believe that the banters have always been amicable between the two, and perhaps they are right.
In the episode, the Matt Groening-created series and Seth Macfarlane’s adult sitcom continue their friendly banters, with Peter first throwing shade at the Simpsons’ yellow skin.
“Don’t drink the water,” he warns his family. “Everyone here looks like they have hepatitis.”
“Abu, a dozen donuts for our albino visitors,” Homer countered.
With the Griffins in Springfield, the hour-long special has been infused with adult humour that’s bordering on controversial, which normally wouldn’t be seen in “The Simpsons.”
Example, when Bart is demonstrating to Stewie how to do a prank phone call, Stewie gets excited and asks to let him try. However, his humour is just way too dark for Bart’s league.
“Hello Moe, your sister is being raped!” Stewie says as he tries the prank call.
Also making an appearance is Bob from “Bob’s Burger” and Cleveland Brown from “The Cleveland Show.”
The special episode will air on September 29 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery