‘The Simpsons’ and ‘Family Guy’ Crossover Episode Airs Sneak Peak [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 28, 2014 6:31 PM EST
It’s almost here! A five-minute sneak peak of the highly anticipated crossover of “The Simpsons” and “Family Guy” episode has been released, and it looks as funny as expected.
Kenneth McDaniel, who is dressed as Homer Simpson from The Simpsons, is seen during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 24, 2014. REUTERS/Sandy Huffaker
In the video, screened at the Comic Con and previewed by Entertainment Weekly, the Griffins have unexpectedly found themselves at Springfield, the home of the Simpsons. The two dysfunctional families meet, and the members from each family spend time together.
Homer and Peter become friends and eventually enemies after a row over Pawtucket Patriot Ale and Duff Beer. Stewie, the Griffin baby, appears to be so intent on impressing Bart, whose antics look tamer compared to Stewie’s evil plans.
Of course, the bantering between the shows remains intact in the episode. The two Fox comedies series have been taking shots at each other over the years. Fans believe that the banters have always been amicable between the two, and perhaps they are right.
In the episode, the Matt Groening-created series and Seth Macfarlane’s adult sitcom continue their friendly banters, with Peter first throwing shade at the Simpsons’ yellow skin.
“Don’t drink the water,” he warns his family. “Everyone here looks like they have hepatitis.”
“Abu, a dozen donuts for our albino visitors,” Homer countered.
With the Griffins in Springfield, the hour-long special has been infused with adult humour that’s bordering on controversial, which normally wouldn’t be seen in “The Simpsons.”
Example, when Bart is demonstrating to Stewie how to do a prank phone call, Stewie gets excited and asks to let him try. However, his humour is just way too dark for Bart’s league.
“Hello Moe, your sister is being raped!” Stewie says as he tries the prank call.
Also making an appearance is Bob from “Bob’s Burger” and Cleveland Brown from “The Cleveland Show.”
The special episode will air on September 29 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design