Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | July 28, 2014 5:15 PM EST
A Canadian child was killed after getting hit by a car. The 6-year-old girl died within a couple of days after she had been taken to hospital. The accident took place in Ontario when a car apparently crashed through a Costco store. The deceased girl has now been identified to be Addison Hall.
A worker checks a sedan at a shipping yard of South Korea's biggest automakers Hyundai Motor Co and sister company Kia Motors at a port in Pyeongtaek July 21, 2014.
A red Monte Carlo crashed through the store and fatally injured little Addison. Her sister, 3, and her pregnant mother were also injured in the accident on Friday, July 25.
Police said on Sunday that the little girl could not survive the injuries she had received from the accident. Two other people were injured when the car hit the crowded Wellington Road South store. They were later released from hospital.
Addison's mother Danah McKinnon Bozek was, on the other hand, taken to hospital where she had to undergo an emergency C-section. Her condition, according to reports, was better than earlier on Sunday. The condition of Danah's new born baby as well as the other daughter, Miah, was critical.
The driver of the car was also injured during the accident. However, the woman in her mid-40s was released from hospital.
According to Sergeant Amanda Pfeffer, she is an "integral part" of the investigation. She said that police were still in the earlier stages of the investigation.
"This is a collision that impacted many people, including emergency responders, those available at the scene to render assistance and those at the scene that observed what transpired," she said.
According to witnesses, store employees as well as shoppers immediately helped the victims after the sedan critically injured them. Steve Bozek, the father of the deceased girl, posted her photo online on Saturday. Several Facebook users expressed their condolences for the loss. Later on, Steve made the photo as his profile picture.
Police are asking witnesses to give statements to help the investigation.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate