Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | July 28, 2014 5:15 PM EST
A Canadian child was killed after getting hit by a car. The 6-year-old girl died within a couple of days after she had been taken to hospital. The accident took place in Ontario when a car apparently crashed through a Costco store. The deceased girl has now been identified to be Addison Hall.
A worker checks a sedan at a shipping yard of South Korea's biggest automakers Hyundai Motor Co and sister company Kia Motors at a port in Pyeongtaek July 21, 2014.
A red Monte Carlo crashed through the store and fatally injured little Addison. Her sister, 3, and her pregnant mother were also injured in the accident on Friday, July 25.
Police said on Sunday that the little girl could not survive the injuries she had received from the accident. Two other people were injured when the car hit the crowded Wellington Road South store. They were later released from hospital.
Addison's mother Danah McKinnon Bozek was, on the other hand, taken to hospital where she had to undergo an emergency C-section. Her condition, according to reports, was better than earlier on Sunday. The condition of Danah's new born baby as well as the other daughter, Miah, was critical.
The driver of the car was also injured during the accident. However, the woman in her mid-40s was released from hospital.
According to Sergeant Amanda Pfeffer, she is an "integral part" of the investigation. She said that police were still in the earlier stages of the investigation.
"This is a collision that impacted many people, including emergency responders, those available at the scene to render assistance and those at the scene that observed what transpired," she said.
According to witnesses, store employees as well as shoppers immediately helped the victims after the sedan critically injured them. Steve Bozek, the father of the deceased girl, posted her photo online on Saturday. Several Facebook users expressed their condolences for the loss. Later on, Steve made the photo as his profile picture.
Police are asking witnesses to give statements to help the investigation.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners