Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | July 28, 2014 5:15 PM EST
A Canadian child was killed after getting hit by a car. The 6-year-old girl died within a couple of days after she had been taken to hospital. The accident took place in Ontario when a car apparently crashed through a Costco store. The deceased girl has now been identified to be Addison Hall.
A worker checks a sedan at a shipping yard of South Korea's biggest automakers Hyundai Motor Co and sister company Kia Motors at a port in Pyeongtaek July 21, 2014.
A red Monte Carlo crashed through the store and fatally injured little Addison. Her sister, 3, and her pregnant mother were also injured in the accident on Friday, July 25.
Police said on Sunday that the little girl could not survive the injuries she had received from the accident. Two other people were injured when the car hit the crowded Wellington Road South store. They were later released from hospital.
Addison's mother Danah McKinnon Bozek was, on the other hand, taken to hospital where she had to undergo an emergency C-section. Her condition, according to reports, was better than earlier on Sunday. The condition of Danah's new born baby as well as the other daughter, Miah, was critical.
The driver of the car was also injured during the accident. However, the woman in her mid-40s was released from hospital.
According to Sergeant Amanda Pfeffer, she is an "integral part" of the investigation. She said that police were still in the earlier stages of the investigation.
"This is a collision that impacted many people, including emergency responders, those available at the scene to render assistance and those at the scene that observed what transpired," she said.
According to witnesses, store employees as well as shoppers immediately helped the victims after the sedan critically injured them. Steve Bozek, the father of the deceased girl, posted her photo online on Saturday. Several Facebook users expressed their condolences for the loss. Later on, Steve made the photo as his profile picture.
Police are asking witnesses to give statements to help the investigation.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Racist Note Stereotyping Asian Drivers Left on Parked Car in NSW Sparks Online Outrage
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best