Jake Mullaney Signs with Bradford Bulls for 2015 Season
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 28, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Salford Red Devils fullback Jake Mullaney will be joining the Bradford Bulls starting in the 2015 season.
Mullaney’s injury-riddled season with the Red Devils produced 3 tries and 30 goals in 13 appearances.
The transfer to the Bulls, which signed the 24-year-old to a one-year deal, will bode well for Mullaney’s playing time relative to his stint in the Salford club, which already has Kevin Locke and Niall Evalds.
“I am really looking forward to getting back playing consistently and am excited at the prospect of helping the Bulls make it back into Super League. Bradford is a massive club and I was well aware of the success enjoyed here whilst growing up in Australia,” said Mullaney via his new team’s official website.
“Back home, the Bulls are regarded as still one of the biggest clubs around and so I am really pleased to be joining. What I want from here is a strong pre-season with Bradford, giving me the best possible chance of cementing a place in the team next year.”
Mullaney’s promise is hard to pass up for Bradford. From 2009 to 2011, Mullaney played for the Wests Tigers where he had established the then-record 325 points in his first year with the club. He scored the most tries (29) and had the most goals (103) during that year.
The Sydney, New South Wales native transferred to the Parramatta Eels in the 2012-2013 season. The 5-foot-8 wing played in 18 matches producing 5 tries and 6 goals for the Eels.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown