Jake Mullaney Signs with Bradford Bulls for 2015 Season
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 28, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Salford Red Devils fullback Jake Mullaney will be joining the Bradford Bulls starting in the 2015 season.
Mullaney’s injury-riddled season with the Red Devils produced 3 tries and 30 goals in 13 appearances.
The transfer to the Bulls, which signed the 24-year-old to a one-year deal, will bode well for Mullaney’s playing time relative to his stint in the Salford club, which already has Kevin Locke and Niall Evalds.
“I am really looking forward to getting back playing consistently and am excited at the prospect of helping the Bulls make it back into Super League. Bradford is a massive club and I was well aware of the success enjoyed here whilst growing up in Australia,” said Mullaney via his new team’s official website.
“Back home, the Bulls are regarded as still one of the biggest clubs around and so I am really pleased to be joining. What I want from here is a strong pre-season with Bradford, giving me the best possible chance of cementing a place in the team next year.”
Mullaney’s promise is hard to pass up for Bradford. From 2009 to 2011, Mullaney played for the Wests Tigers where he had established the then-record 325 points in his first year with the club. He scored the most tries (29) and had the most goals (103) during that year.
The Sydney, New South Wales native transferred to the Parramatta Eels in the 2012-2013 season. The 5-foot-8 wing played in 18 matches producing 5 tries and 6 goals for the Eels.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar