Jake Mullaney Signs with Bradford Bulls for 2015 Season
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 28, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Salford Red Devils fullback Jake Mullaney will be joining the Bradford Bulls starting in the 2015 season.
Mullaney’s injury-riddled season with the Red Devils produced 3 tries and 30 goals in 13 appearances.
The transfer to the Bulls, which signed the 24-year-old to a one-year deal, will bode well for Mullaney’s playing time relative to his stint in the Salford club, which already has Kevin Locke and Niall Evalds.
“I am really looking forward to getting back playing consistently and am excited at the prospect of helping the Bulls make it back into Super League. Bradford is a massive club and I was well aware of the success enjoyed here whilst growing up in Australia,” said Mullaney via his new team’s official website.
“Back home, the Bulls are regarded as still one of the biggest clubs around and so I am really pleased to be joining. What I want from here is a strong pre-season with Bradford, giving me the best possible chance of cementing a place in the team next year.”
Mullaney’s promise is hard to pass up for Bradford. From 2009 to 2011, Mullaney played for the Wests Tigers where he had established the then-record 325 points in his first year with the club. He scored the most tries (29) and had the most goals (103) during that year.
The Sydney, New South Wales native transferred to the Parramatta Eels in the 2012-2013 season. The 5-foot-8 wing played in 18 matches producing 5 tries and 6 goals for the Eels.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates