5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
By Vanessa Doctor | July 28, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Although pop singer Lady Gaga's ways may not appeal to everyone, marketers everywhere should never forget that she is one of the most bankable stars in the present era. She has sold over 23 million albums, garnered five Grammy Awards and commands over 41 million followers on Twitter. In a span of a few years, she has established herself as one of the most powerful stars in history.
U.S. singer Lady Gaga accepts the award for best international breakthrough act at the 30th Brit Awards ceremony at Earl's Court in London
Whether we admit it or not, she sells. Here are five tips on how marketers learn from her examples.
1. Stand for your principles
Lady Gaga can easily be identified from other stars because she does not try to please everyone. She established and developed her character through the years and remained consistent with the values and principles she believed in. Over time, people who share the same background and virtues empathized with her.
2. Focusing on people that matter
Although she has millions of followers around the world, she focuses on a small percentage of "key fans" who do most of the marketing work by spreading the news about her through word of mouth and social media. She communicates with these selected individuals who in turn evangelize others to follow suit.
3. Intrigue them
Lady Gaga has a knack of being very creative and always intriguing fans everywhere. At first, people may think of her ways as odd. After several months, they start looking forward to the next strange thing she will present. These keep people excited about her all the time.
4. Offer something worthwhile
Aside from her stage antics and controversial costumes, Lady Gaga is one of the most talented artists to ever grace the stage. People feel satisfied after watching her concert or seeing her sing a few songs live at special events. She actually has something valuable to offer in exchange for her fans' loyalty.
5. She stays updated
Her albums continue to top the charts through the years because she keeps herself updated with the latest trends and provides products that fans actually need at the moment. She answers to demand based on the current circumstances in the industry. She also keeps abreast with recent issues and shares her insights constantly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Pope Francis To Simplify Annulments In Catholic Church
- Ebola Update: US CDC Expects More Cases By End Of Jan 2015, Advises Airlines To ‘Treat All Body Fluids As Infectious'
- Roubini Global Economics Forecasts 20% Decline In Value Of Aussie Dollar, Economic Slowdown
- B.C. Teachers Strike: Public Classes for Half a Billion Kids Finally Start
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?