Wonder Woman First Photo Revealed: Fans Compare Costume to Xena’s
By Sachin Trivedi | July 28, 2014 3:54 PM EST
The first image of Wonder Woman from the upcoming movie "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" has been released. Movie buffs are comparing the costume of the female superhero to that of Xena. The image was released during the Comic Con event, which also showed a preview video of the movie.
Attendees look over the new Batman outfit on at the comic franchise's 75th anniversary display during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 24, 2014. Picture taken July 24, 2014. REUTERS/Sandy Huffaker
The role of Wonder Woman will be played by Gal Gadot. The actress has played a role in popular movies like "Fast and Furious" 6 and "Knight and Day." The costume that she was seen wearing for her upcoming movie has become one of the most talked about issues.
Movie buffs are comparing the costume of Wonder Woman with that of the warrior princess played by Lucy Lawless in "Xena: Warrior Princess." Gal Gadot is seen wearing a plain brown colour costume, which fans find strikingly similar to the popular warrior princess. Click here to see the picture.
"Xena: Warrior Princess" is a popular TV show that was first released in the year 1995. The show is about a strong female superhero who fights for justice around the world in order to redeem herself from all the evil things she did in her past. The show had a total of 6 seasons and ended in the year 2001.
In "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" some of the fans may have been expecting Gal Gadot to wear a costume similar to the one worn by Lynda Carter in the popular TV show "Wonder Woman." The show first aired in 1975 and has a total of three seasons. The show came to an end in 1979.
The Wonder Woman costume worn by Lynda Carter was full of bright colours. The costume was made of a gold coloured headpiece with a red star in the middle, a bright red, gold and blue dress and red coloured high boots. But some fans agree that it may have been difficult for the producers to decide on the costume to meet the fans expectations.
There is figuratively nothing that WB could do with Wonder Woman's costume that wouldn't have people complaining.
— Classic McDavid (@henchman21) July 28, 2014
Not everyone feels that the new look for Wonder Woman looks bad. Many of the fans of the character Xena are excited about the new look. The fans hope the costume is an indication of the action they can expect in "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice."
To everyone comparing #WonderWoman's costume to Xena's, know this: I've been saying Lucy Lawless should be Wonder Woman for YEARSSSSSSS — Dax Ronquillo (@daxronquillo) July 28, 2014
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys [Read]
Winds of Winter Spoilers: Stannis Baratheon - Fans' Expectations [Read]
Star Wars 7: Harrison Ford Still Using a Crutch [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced