Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 28, 2014 3:29 PM EST
The recent news of Jim Parsons [Sheldon] quitting "The Big Bang Theory" after an altercation with Johnny Galecki [Leonard] created quite a commotion on social networking sites. The news turned out to be hoax. Parsons, however, has no clue whether he is in Season 8, or not.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
At the Comic-Con, the Emmy nominated, and the multiple-time Emmy winning, actor said to Carly Mallenbaum of USA Today, "I haven't read it [script] yet. So, I don't know." Parsons said that he just knows that his character left on a train in the last season.
In Season 7 finale, Penny and Leonard found Sheldon at a railway platform, all ready to take a train out of Pasadena. He was overwhelmed with all the changes that were taking place around him, including the newly engaged Penny and Leonard's talk about moving-in together, without him, and the burning down of Stuart's comic-store.
Parsons said to Mallenbaum that the writer guffawed when he asked whether he was being written-off. Recently, Deadline reported that Parsons, Galecki, Kaley Cuoco [Penny], Simon Helberg [Howard], Kunal Nayyar [Raj] are still without a new contract, as they are reportedly negotiating a hefty pay rise.
Empire News, which claims to be a satirical and entertainment website, recently reported that Parsons will not be starring in Season 8. According to the report, "... Sheldon Cooper, won't be returning to The Big Bang Theory for its 8th season, after actor Jim Parsons has walked-off set and quit the show because of an on-set fight with co-star Johnny Galecki." This hoax news triggered extreme reactions from fans.
Meanwhile, Parsons is starring as the voice of the lead character Oh, an alien, in the upcoming 3D computer-animated movie, "Home." Talking about "Home" at Comic-Con, Parsons said, as quoted by Mashable "When you first see your voice with that character, it does take an adjustment period. I was a little horrified."
"The animators are the greatest excuse-makers for your performance in the world. I deliver my lines and I'm like, 'I don't like that performance at all. And then they draw it and I'm like, 'That was perfect'," the actor added.
According to reports, the filming of "The Big Bang Theory" is expected to begin on July 31, 2014. The hugely popular sitcom is schedule to return on September 22, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate