Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
By Tanya Diente | July 28, 2014 2:55 PM EST
The characters of Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" will soon invade "Disney Infinity 2.0" as Disney has announced it will be part of the game's new play set on its autumn release.
Costumed attendees dressed as characters from Guardians of the Galaxy are seen during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 24, 2014.
According to Mirror UK, Disney Interactive has announced that a new addition to the "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" play set will hit stores this autumn. Playable characters of the much-anticipated film "Guardians of the Galaxy" aim to let kids live their superhero fantasy dreams by having Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Gamora and Groot in the said Toy Box world.
Check out the official gameplay trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy" play set in "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" below.
The site added "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" can also let players create their own world and games when in Toy Box 2.0 mode. There they can set their own gameplays and can even use Iron Man's character as a cross over from the Avengers play set. Players can also use Nova from the Spider-Man play set by using cross-over coins, which are as Forbes said, needed to unlock these cross-over characters.
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" inspired addition to "Disney Infinity 2.0" will also feature Space Armour, Marvel Team-up and Groot's Roots. These items will be available once unlocked from the Power Discs that comes with the play set.
Players are also given freedom to decorate buildings when in Toy Box 2.0 mode. Groot's roots can even be used to decorate the buildings' interior.
Gamespot reported Disney has set the release date for "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" on Sept. 23 in North America. Pre-orders entitle the buyer to a free Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel figure. However, for players who already own the original "Disney Infinity" game, "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" will be available through digital download.
The expansion of the Toy Box world with the "Guardians of the Galaxy" themed play set is bound to be another success according to Mirror UK. "Disney Infinity" has reportedly already sold more than 3 million units since its launch on the previous year. Until now the game is still growing in its popularity.
Source: YouTube/ Marvel UK
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop