Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
By Tanya Diente | July 28, 2014 2:55 PM EST
The characters of Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" will soon invade "Disney Infinity 2.0" as Disney has announced it will be part of the game's new play set on its autumn release.
Costumed attendees dressed as characters from Guardians of the Galaxy are seen during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 24, 2014.
According to Mirror UK, Disney Interactive has announced that a new addition to the "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" play set will hit stores this autumn. Playable characters of the much-anticipated film "Guardians of the Galaxy" aim to let kids live their superhero fantasy dreams by having Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Gamora and Groot in the said Toy Box world.
Check out the official gameplay trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy" play set in "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" below.
The site added "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" can also let players create their own world and games when in Toy Box 2.0 mode. There they can set their own gameplays and can even use Iron Man's character as a cross over from the Avengers play set. Players can also use Nova from the Spider-Man play set by using cross-over coins, which are as Forbes said, needed to unlock these cross-over characters.
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" inspired addition to "Disney Infinity 2.0" will also feature Space Armour, Marvel Team-up and Groot's Roots. These items will be available once unlocked from the Power Discs that comes with the play set.
Players are also given freedom to decorate buildings when in Toy Box 2.0 mode. Groot's roots can even be used to decorate the buildings' interior.
Gamespot reported Disney has set the release date for "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" on Sept. 23 in North America. Pre-orders entitle the buyer to a free Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel figure. However, for players who already own the original "Disney Infinity" game, "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" will be available through digital download.
The expansion of the Toy Box world with the "Guardians of the Galaxy" themed play set is bound to be another success according to Mirror UK. "Disney Infinity" has reportedly already sold more than 3 million units since its launch on the previous year. Until now the game is still growing in its popularity.
Source: YouTube/ Marvel UK
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports