Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
By Tanya Diente | July 28, 2014 2:55 PM EST
The characters of Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" will soon invade "Disney Infinity 2.0" as Disney has announced it will be part of the game's new play set on its autumn release.
Costumed attendees dressed as characters from Guardians of the Galaxy are seen during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 24, 2014.
According to Mirror UK, Disney Interactive has announced that a new addition to the "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" play set will hit stores this autumn. Playable characters of the much-anticipated film "Guardians of the Galaxy" aim to let kids live their superhero fantasy dreams by having Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Gamora and Groot in the said Toy Box world.
Check out the official gameplay trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy" play set in "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" below.
The site added "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" can also let players create their own world and games when in Toy Box 2.0 mode. There they can set their own gameplays and can even use Iron Man's character as a cross over from the Avengers play set. Players can also use Nova from the Spider-Man play set by using cross-over coins, which are as Forbes said, needed to unlock these cross-over characters.
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" inspired addition to "Disney Infinity 2.0" will also feature Space Armour, Marvel Team-up and Groot's Roots. These items will be available once unlocked from the Power Discs that comes with the play set.
Players are also given freedom to decorate buildings when in Toy Box 2.0 mode. Groot's roots can even be used to decorate the buildings' interior.
Gamespot reported Disney has set the release date for "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" on Sept. 23 in North America. Pre-orders entitle the buyer to a free Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel figure. However, for players who already own the original "Disney Infinity" game, "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes" will be available through digital download.
The expansion of the Toy Box world with the "Guardians of the Galaxy" themed play set is bound to be another success according to Mirror UK. "Disney Infinity" has reportedly already sold more than 3 million units since its launch on the previous year. Until now the game is still growing in its popularity.
Source: YouTube/ Marvel UK
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4