Another Blow for San Francisco 49ers: LaMichael James to Miss One Month
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 28, 2014 2:46 PM EST
LaMichael James will miss the rest of the San Francisco 49ers’ training camp after suffering from a dislocated elbow on Sunday.
It’s another tough blow for the 49ers, which a day before also lost Kendal Hunter to an injury after tearing his ACL during the camp.
James will be gone for at least a month according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.COM.
Veteran Frank Gore, Jewel Hampton and rookie Carlos Hyde are expected to get the time at the running back position while James and Hunter are out.
The 24-year-old James was a second round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. He had limited touches l with just 12 rushes for S.F. although he averaged 10.9 yards on 23 punt returns last season as a return specialist. That mark is the 10th-best in the league in punt returns average in the entire NFL.
Gore is still the primary option at RB for the 49ers but the 31-year-old is already entering his 10th season in the league. Giving James and/or Hunter some more responsibility and plays would give Gore a much-needed rest during the 2014-2015 NFL season.
This is the second instance that the 5-foot-9 running back has injured his elbow. He dislocated it as well during his time with the University of Oregon in October 2011. James also missed roughly a month during that time.
With Oregon, he was named twice (2010 and 2011) to the All-PAC First Team squads and finished his career as the Ducks all-time rushing leader.
The injury is an unfortunate incident for the third-year player who reportedly came into the 49ers camp in-shape and performed as one of the best players during the sessions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery