Another Blow for San Francisco 49ers: LaMichael James to Miss One Month
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 28, 2014 2:46 PM EST
LaMichael James will miss the rest of the San Francisco 49ers’ training camp after suffering from a dislocated elbow on Sunday.
It’s another tough blow for the 49ers, which a day before also lost Kendal Hunter to an injury after tearing his ACL during the camp.
James will be gone for at least a month according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.COM.
Veteran Frank Gore, Jewel Hampton and rookie Carlos Hyde are expected to get the time at the running back position while James and Hunter are out.
The 24-year-old James was a second round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. He had limited touches l with just 12 rushes for S.F. although he averaged 10.9 yards on 23 punt returns last season as a return specialist. That mark is the 10th-best in the league in punt returns average in the entire NFL.
Gore is still the primary option at RB for the 49ers but the 31-year-old is already entering his 10th season in the league. Giving James and/or Hunter some more responsibility and plays would give Gore a much-needed rest during the 2014-2015 NFL season.
This is the second instance that the 5-foot-9 running back has injured his elbow. He dislocated it as well during his time with the University of Oregon in October 2011. James also missed roughly a month during that time.
With Oregon, he was named twice (2010 and 2011) to the All-PAC First Team squads and finished his career as the Ducks all-time rushing leader.
The injury is an unfortunate incident for the third-year player who reportedly came into the 49ers camp in-shape and performed as one of the best players during the sessions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions