The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
By Ryan Inoyori | July 28, 2014 2:28 PM EST
SIMS 4 official release date has been set on September 2 for PC while its system requirements offer compatibility among several machines due to low demands. Here are the details about the fourth instalment of the game series.
SIMS 4 Official Release Date
Electronic Arts confirmed the official release date of The SIMS 4 and according to the game's Web site, players can expect the arrival of the game to PC on September 2. However, the developers are now focused on the PC version rather than MAC but gamers should not worry about the "no MAC" SIMS 4 version.
"What platform is The SIMS 4 available on? The SIMS 4 will be available on PC. Will The SIMS 4 be available on MAC? We are currently focused on the PC version. We have no updates on MAC at this time," posted at the FAQ of the site.
Official System Requirements
Aside from the release date, EA also posted the official system requirements for players to prepare machines before the game's release.
- Internet connection for product activation.
- Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.
- 2 GB of RAM at least.
- 9 GB of hard drive storage space and 1 GB additional storage space for custom content and saved games.
- DVD ROM for installation purposes.
- Video card: 128 MB video RAM with Pixel Shader 3.0.
- Supported GPUs: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better.
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible.
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0c compatible.
- Input: Keyboard and mouse.
It seems like the game development led to better optimisation of graphics and rendering based on the specifications posted by EA. If compared with The SIMS 3 official system requirements, The SIMS 4 offers compatibility with Windows 8 which means that the game can now use the 64-bit processing capability that was not available on its predecessor.
Other Related Information
EA confirmed that The SIMS 4 is going to be released on several languages including English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Moreover, players won't need to be constantly online just to play the game on single player mode. Internet connection is only required during installation using a valid Origins account and for any activity related to multiplayer such as sharing updates and more.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination