Avengers 2: Death Of The Avengers, Battle Scenes And Ultron's Form Revealed In New Footage
By Tanya Diente | July 28, 2014 12:56 PM EST
A never-before -seen-footage from "Avengers: Age of Ultron" was revealed during the Marvel's Hall H presentation at the San Diego Comic-Con 2014 on Saturday. The cast took to the stage, including newcomers Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Scarlett Johansson missed the event due to her pregnancy. Although they didn't reveal any details about the much-anticipated sequel, the footage was already enough to excite fans, as it revealed the death of the avengers and even Ultron's form.
Cast members Jeremy Renner (L), Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson pose at a press line for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
As previously reported by IBTimes, the first 20 minutes of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" involves the team's celebratory party at the new Avengers Tower after they have defeated Von Strucker in his Hydra outpost. The footage picks up from that scene where the heroes attempt to pick up Thor's hammer, the Mjolnir. According to slashfilm, Tony Stark took the first attempt in exchange for ruling Asgard.
"If I lift it do I get to rule Asgard?" he asks Thor, to which Thor said yes. But of course Stark fails even after putting on Iron Man's glove. Hawkeye and Bruce Banner also tried and failed. Capt. America manages to just budge it a little which had Thor worried for a bit. After many failed attempts Thor claimed, "You're all not worthy."
Just then a shriek echoed then a voice says, "You're all not worthy." Then Ultron enters to the surprise of the Avengers. Slashfilm described Ultron as a zombie-like, beat-up metal being since as Screenrant added, he is still half-made. His silver plating still messily forms part of his upper torso armour.
"How could you be worthy? You are all killers. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change. There's only one path to peace... your extinction," he tells the Avengers. Then his legion of robots comes invading the tower. Thor picks up his hammer ready for battle. Then the footage changes to reveal a mixture of different scenes taken from "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
People are seen running away from an immense battle while Ultron's voiceover says, "I had a vision ... the whole world screaming for mercy. Everyone tangled in strings." Then Bruce Banner is seen looking ill as Ultron's voiceover continues with "Strinnnngs." Then the scene changes again to reveal Banner now in the snow.
Then Hawkeye and the other Avengers are seen helping people escape. There's a shot of a hospital and Scarlet Witch is seen on a bus. Then Banner is seen again but this time as The Hulk, smashing a tank.
Then Tony Stark's voice over, "It's the end. The end of the path I started us on." In which Black Widow adds, "Nothing lasts forever."
Scene changes to feature Iron Man in his new armour the Hulkbuster. He is flying over what looks like a prison according to slashfilm, firing at soldiers. Then he and Hulk engage in a fight. Hulk throws a large car at Iron Man then lunges forward, pushing the car farther into the Hulkbuster. Then there's a scene of Black Widow riding the new electric Harley and Quicksilver also speeding around as the battle continues with more explosions.
Then Ultron appears, this time in his full 8-foot full metallic glory, no longer the skeleton that attacked the Avengers Tower. As he says "There are no strings on me" the Avengers "A" logo pans out on the screen as it forms from his clenched fist.
The footage of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" ended revealing Capt. America's shield torn in half. Then Tony Stark is seen standing on a vast field looking down at what seems like the dead bodies of the other Avengers, all sprawled at what slashfilm hinted may be Thanos' tomb.
Source: YouTube/Marvel Entertainment
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]