Beyonce and Jay-Z Skipped Kimye Wedding, Do Not Want to be Used by a Social Climber - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 28, 2014 12:47 PM EST
Kim Kardashian had said Beyonce and Jay-Z ditching their wedding cannot be excused. This is an understatement if the "real" reason for this infamous ditch is true. Allegedly, Beyonce thinks Kim is a social climber and she and her husband will not allow Kim to use them.
Beyonce and Jay-Z are the world's highest-paid celebrity couple, according to the latest ranking from Forbes. The couple earned a combined $95 million over the past year.
NY Post's Page Six reports that Beyonce will not allow herself to be the instrument of Kim to improve the reality star's status during the grand wedding and obviously highly-publicized festivities.
"Beyonce wasn't going to allow a Kardashian to socially climb her," an insider told the column. "They are guarding like hell their status," the insider shared of the famous couple now having their own marriage troubles.
"Jay didn't want Kanye with Kim- He thinks it's bad for business," the insider added. "I think Jay lost a little respect for Kanye there."
The couple opted instead to spend a quiet weekend in New York's Hamptons rather than attend the wedding. Beyonce and Jay-Z did not really say why they did not attend the wedding, but there were already speculations prior to the event that Beyonce feels queasy about the whole thing and thinks the wedding is tacky.
"Jay and Beyoncé's wedding was shrouded in secrecy and extreme lengths were made to make sure their wedding was an intimate affair for friends and family, only," an insider shared to Radar Online in March. "This will be the complete opposite. She thinks it's just tacky."
Now that the two set of couples are having their respective marriage troubles and many speculating both sets are headed for divorce, this reason why Beyonce and Jay-Z skipped the wedding may not be that important anymore.
Or not. Kim and Beyonce are still getting on each other's nerves. Just last week, Kim Kardashian dissed Beyonce and Jay-Z for copying Kanye West's fashion on their "On the Run" Stadium Tour, In Touch Weekly reports.
When Beyonce and Jay-Z wore ski masks in the promotional material of their tour, Kim took time to post a picture of her husband and Scott Disick wearing ski mask as well and used the very telling hashtags, "#ThrowbackThursday #LastYear #StyleIcons."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 19 Spoilers: Major Confrontations And More Drama Stirs Up In Genoa City
- ‘NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 9 'Traitor' Airs On Nov. 24, 2014, Hetty Orders A Lockdown To Locate The Mole In The ‘NCIS LA’ Team Who Has Put Granger’s Life In Danger [WATCH VIDEO]
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots