Beyonce and Jay-Z Skipped Kimye Wedding, Do Not Want to be Used by a Social Climber - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 28, 2014 12:47 PM EST
Kim Kardashian had said Beyonce and Jay-Z ditching their wedding cannot be excused. This is an understatement if the "real" reason for this infamous ditch is true. Allegedly, Beyonce thinks Kim is a social climber and she and her husband will not allow Kim to use them.
Beyonce and Jay-Z are the world's highest-paid celebrity couple, according to the latest ranking from Forbes. The couple earned a combined $95 million over the past year.
NY Post's Page Six reports that Beyonce will not allow herself to be the instrument of Kim to improve the reality star's status during the grand wedding and obviously highly-publicized festivities.
"Beyonce wasn't going to allow a Kardashian to socially climb her," an insider told the column. "They are guarding like hell their status," the insider shared of the famous couple now having their own marriage troubles.
"Jay didn't want Kanye with Kim- He thinks it's bad for business," the insider added. "I think Jay lost a little respect for Kanye there."
The couple opted instead to spend a quiet weekend in New York's Hamptons rather than attend the wedding. Beyonce and Jay-Z did not really say why they did not attend the wedding, but there were already speculations prior to the event that Beyonce feels queasy about the whole thing and thinks the wedding is tacky.
"Jay and Beyoncé's wedding was shrouded in secrecy and extreme lengths were made to make sure their wedding was an intimate affair for friends and family, only," an insider shared to Radar Online in March. "This will be the complete opposite. She thinks it's just tacky."
Now that the two set of couples are having their respective marriage troubles and many speculating both sets are headed for divorce, this reason why Beyonce and Jay-Z skipped the wedding may not be that important anymore.
Or not. Kim and Beyonce are still getting on each other's nerves. Just last week, Kim Kardashian dissed Beyonce and Jay-Z for copying Kanye West's fashion on their "On the Run" Stadium Tour, In Touch Weekly reports.
When Beyonce and Jay-Z wore ski masks in the promotional material of their tour, Kim took time to post a picture of her husband and Scott Disick wearing ski mask as well and used the very telling hashtags, "#ThrowbackThursday #LastYear #StyleIcons."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia