Coroner Ruled TV Presenter Died of Heroin Overdose
By Paula Marie Navarra | July 28, 2014 12:46 PM EST
The coroner ruled that the sudden death of Peaches Geldof, a UK TV presenter, was caused by heroin overdose.
BBC News said that Geldof was using the drug when the paramedics pronounced her dead on April 7.
She had been using heroin and methadone for 2 years prior to her death, when a police search was conducted they found 6.8 grams of heroin in her house.
"There was no indication she had planned to take her own life," BBC News clarified.
Geldof's husband, musician Tom Cohen, said that his wife had taken weekly drug test even though he now believes his wife has been lying about them.
He also admitted on an inquest, that the TV presenter has been using drugs again since February but just neglected it, since her wife's drug tests came back negative.
Cohen witnessed his wife flushing drugs in the toilet, but he was not aware of the methadone found on their house until the police found them.
Peter Jerreat informed BBC, that the heroin found in Geldof's body was already reached fatal level.
Evidence of other drugs - like codeine, methadone and morphine- were also found in her body. There were also punctured wounds found on her elbows, wrists and thumbs.
Mirror also said that when Geldof died, her son Phaedra was in the same house as his mother's for 17 hours, before her husband found her dead. It said that when her body was found at 1:30 pm, the infant was just in another room
Cohen said that before that fateful day, he had gone to stay with his parents in South East London with his two sons.
He said that Geldof seemed fine when she had spoken to her on the phone on several occasions over the weekend.
According to Mirror, the last time Cohen talked to his wife she was totally coherent, but the day after that, he couldn't get in touch with her so he went to their house, where he found her dead.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related