Coroner Ruled TV Presenter Died of Heroin Overdose
By Paula Marie Navarra | July 28, 2014 12:46 PM EST
The coroner ruled that the sudden death of Peaches Geldof, a UK TV presenter, was caused by heroin overdose.
BBC News said that Geldof was using the drug when the paramedics pronounced her dead on April 7.
She had been using heroin and methadone for 2 years prior to her death, when a police search was conducted they found 6.8 grams of heroin in her house.
"There was no indication she had planned to take her own life," BBC News clarified.
Geldof's husband, musician Tom Cohen, said that his wife had taken weekly drug test even though he now believes his wife has been lying about them.
He also admitted on an inquest, that the TV presenter has been using drugs again since February but just neglected it, since her wife's drug tests came back negative.
Cohen witnessed his wife flushing drugs in the toilet, but he was not aware of the methadone found on their house until the police found them.
Peter Jerreat informed BBC, that the heroin found in Geldof's body was already reached fatal level.
Evidence of other drugs - like codeine, methadone and morphine- were also found in her body. There were also punctured wounds found on her elbows, wrists and thumbs.
Mirror also said that when Geldof died, her son Phaedra was in the same house as his mother's for 17 hours, before her husband found her dead. It said that when her body was found at 1:30 pm, the infant was just in another room
Cohen said that before that fateful day, he had gone to stay with his parents in South East London with his two sons.
He said that Geldof seemed fine when she had spoken to her on the phone on several occasions over the weekend.
According to Mirror, the last time Cohen talked to his wife she was totally coherent, but the day after that, he couldn't get in touch with her so he went to their house, where he found her dead.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight