Magaluf 2014 Update: Spanish Bar Where Teen Performed Sex Acts Closed, to Pay $78K Fine Along with Carnage Event Planner (VIDEOS)
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | July 28, 2014 12:42 PM EST
A bar on the Spanish island of Majorca as well as the event planner that planned the bar crawl that filmed an 18-year-old British girl performing oral sex acts on 24 men has been ordered to close and shut down operations for a year.
A security worker looks at tourists walking at Punta Ballena street in Magaluf, on the Spanish Balearic island of Mallorca, July 26, 2014. The Punta Ballena area has been famous since the 70's for its nightlife and is a favourite destination for mainly young British tourist, according to local media, according to local media. REUTERS/Enrique Calvo
Moreover, the bar Playhouse and organisation Carnage Magaluf had been ordered to pay a fine of 55,000 Euros [UAD78,600].
The bar got engaged in international headlines after a video showing a teenage girl from the UK was filmed performing a sex act on 24 men in succession, all for the public to see. The girl attended a Carnage Magaluf event in June, and said she did it in exchange for a free drink.
Carnage Magaluf is owned by Daly brothers Danny and John (here). The Brit-run firm was established two years ago.
"The town hall won't tolerate activities of the kind featured in the video under any circumstances. We will use all the laws we have available to us to ensure there is no repetition," council chiefs in Magaluf said.
Playhouse and Carnage were slapped with the double whammy penalties for their utter disregard to laws that stipulate underage children should not witness sordid events from inside or outside the bar. Licenced to operate as a music bar, Playhouse also willfully agreed to host a pornographic show, officials added.
The council expects the two companies to make an appeal since a 12-month closure will effectively force them into the brink.
The council is also aware that Carnage Magaluf, which reportedly encourages women patrons to perform the sex acts (here), will anytime resume operations but under a different name.
"There's nothing to stop Carnage opening up again under a different name if the council decision prospers. But if they chose to do so they'll have to be aware of what they're up against," the spokesman was quoted by The Mirror as saying.
"A lot of bars and hotels they have been working with might not be so keen to work with them in the future. The fine of 55,000 Euros is a joint fine they can pay between them but the closure orders affects them both for the full 12 months."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Update: Death Toll Reaches 2,461; US$1B Is Needed To Fight It, Says UN
- BC Teachers’ Strike Reaches Tentative Deal With Government, Date of Class Resumptions Still Not Sure
- West Africa Ebola Epidemic To Last 12-18 Months More
- Security for Pope Francis' Albania Trip At Status Quo, Won’t Be Reinforced Despite ISIS Threat – Vatican
- Air France Pilots’ Strike: Only 40% of Scheduled Wednesday Flights Will Operate
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers