LeBron James to Don Michael Jordan's Number Anew
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 28, 2014 12:09 PM EST
Yahoo Sports reports that the King is going all-in his return to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Nostalgia will be in full display as the best basketball player in the world has chosen his old No. 23 jersey number over the numbers 6 which he wore during his stint with the Miami Heat and 32, the first number he donned during his high school freshman playing days.
Miami Heat's LeBron James (L) is fouled by San Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan as he drives to the basket during the first quarter in Game 4 of their NBA Finals basketball series in Miami, Florida, June 12, 2014.
James took to twitter his decision.
About ten days ago, James engaged his fans through social media to help him choose between the number 6 or 23.
Not a few minutes later and Adidas spokesperson Madeline Breskin confirmed the company's franctic pace to setup a production run for new LeBron James jerseys. More than 140 accounts have already ordered for new number 23 jerseys and t-shirts which will be shipped in the next 48 hours.
Adidas will not confirm on the exact number of jerseys which will be in production but reports say that all Cavaliers jerseys were already sold out home, away and alternate forms. As early as July 1th, orders were trickling in after the King proclaimed that he was returning home.
The change still comes as surprise to many as LeBron declared during his jersey which from 23 to 6 that he is changing his number in part to honor the greatest basketball player ever in Michael Jordan. He even encouraged his other players to never don a jersey number 23 to honor his legacy by retiring the number across the league.
Amongst active players, there are four toher players who are currently wearing the number 23 namely Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Pelicans, Kevin Martin of the Minnesota Timberwolves, Draymond Green of the Golden State Warriors and Jason Richardson of the Philadelphia 76ers.
During six of his eleven seasons in the NBA, James had led jersey sales and his recent switch to the Cavaliers will all but assure that the King will again be the top seller in jerseys.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28