Daniel Radcliffe Dons Spiderman Costume, Tired of Being Seen as Harry Potter
By Annie Dee | July 28, 2014 12:01 PM EST
It's harder to be Harry Potter than Spider-Man. Daniel Radcliffe, who plays the titular wizard on the onscreen adaptation of J.K. Rowling's fantasy book series, Harry Potter, attended the Comic-Con disguised as Spiderman. Being Spidey made him no less famous than Harry Potter though, with people swarming towards him for a picture, not knowing he is Daniel Radcliffe, the boy who slept on a cupboard until he was introduced to the wizarding world.
Cast member Daniel Radcliffe poses at a special screening of ''The Woman in Black'' in Los Angeles, California February 2, 2012.
According to Daily Star UK, Daniel had to don a Spiderman costume to make his way through the crowds unnoticed on this popular event, especially among comic enthusiasts. Unfortunately for him, he could not use Harry's trusty cloak of invisibility so he had to disguise and fake his accent. Still, it was all very fun for him.
"I did an American accent for the whole time," he said. "I even took a rucksack, so I look like I'm just coming to Comic-Con.
"I had a whole look. But it was great... I took lots of pictures with people who did not know that it was me."
Daniel even said disguising as Spiderman was a childhood dream come true. He was happy he got to be his favourite superhero, even just for a few hours. This is his first ever appearance at the said convention too.
"I always loved that character. I love the comics, actually, as well. I almost got a picture with two girls dressed as Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy, but the moment had passed," Daily Star reported.
"You don't go to Comic-Con without going down on the floor and seeing it all," Radcliffe said to MTV News. "And the way I came up with doing it was Spider-Man."
"It's a great superhero and covers the face, so it was perfect," he added.
Playing Harry Potter was great and all, but Daniel is super happy that directors believe that he can be other characters and do not typecast him into a specific genre.
"There may have been, and I'm sure there still are, a lot of people who just see me as Harry, but it only takes one director to not. And I've been lucky so far in that I've had four or five directors who have taken a chance on me and wanted to see me do something different," explained Radcliffe.
He could have pulled off disguising himself as Harry Potter...no doubt about it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best