Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
By Gel Galang | July 28, 2014 10:59 AM EST
While 4J Studios is still busy doing bug fixes for "Minecraft Xbox One Edition," "MInecraft PS4 Edition" and "Minecraft PS Vita Edition," Mojang has released the latest snapshot for "Minecraft 1.80." Dubbed the "Minecraft" snapshot 14w30c, this will have a few more bug fixes for stability.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins/Files
"We've released snapshot 14w30c to fix some more crashes, world holes, other bugs and more optimizations," said Mojang over at their official Web site. "Today's snapshot is heavily focused on more optimising, with a pinch of bug fixing and a sprinkle of feature creeping."
Some of the noted changes in the new Minecraft snapshot include the following:
- Additional banners
- Creeper, Skeleton and Zombie Heads are now available in survival mode
- Major optimisations in rendering
- Bugs, including lighting, have now been fixed.
- A change in the recipe for crafting.
In addition, there's a whole new list of bug fixes for "Minecraft" snapshot 14w30c, listed in the link above. As usual, Mojang is welcoming any more bug finds from "Minecraft" players, which can be reported via this link.
Lego Partners with Minecraft for Autumn Sets
Two building games are all set for a partnership that will bring more fun to the younger market of virtual game "Minecraft."
Lego, the long-standing physical building game that has been the go-to creative game of youngsters and young at heart, has partnered with "Minecraft," one of the biggest virtual games to explore the building scene in all its pixelated glory.
Financial Times reports that the new team-up will expand what Lego has already been producing in the "Minecraft" line. While there are already smaller-scale figures that Lego has for Minecraft, fall of 2014 will introduce more normal scale lines.
What's interesting about this project is that the sets that will be released have been collaborated with other "Minecraft" players, a feat that is not normally seen with Lego. According to the source, this may be due to the fact that "Minecraft" developer Mojang has been careful about licensure and partnerships in relation to the "Minecraft" franchise. The involvement of the community did help in more ways than one, with some of the looks of the characters in upcoming sets influenced by the "Minecraft" community.
"What you want is for people to play with Lego the same way they play the game, just constantly tearing things down and rebuilding it," said Vu Bui, chief operating officer at Mojang to Financial Times.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown