Lily Allen Lands Australian Police Officers in Hot Water With Fake Arrest Photo
By Anne Lu | July 28, 2014 10:46 AM EST
Lily Allen’s fake arrest photo has landed the Australian Federal Police in hot water.
On Sunday, the 29-year-old British singer was “arrested” at the Coolangatta Airport before she was due to perform at the Splendour in the Grass in Byron Bay.
Allen asked a police officer to handcuff her for her photo. He obliged, and promptly got into trouble with his superiors.
In the photo, the “Hard Out Here” singer is being handcuffed by an officer while she kneels down with her head bowed. The photo, captioned “#uhoh,” was posted on her Instagram account, but was since deleted after it emerged the officers got in trouble for the photo.
“On 27 July AFP members escorted Ms Lily Allen as she was transiting through Gold Coast Airport, a spokesperson for the AFP said. “At her request the members involved placed open handcuffs on Ms Allen for a photo opportunity.
“It appears the members involved were caught up in the moment and standard protocols were breached.”
The rep added that the incident is now subject to “internal processes.”
The image received over 7000 likes on Instagram and was retweeted hundreds of times before it was taken down.
Allen worked up the crowd as she performed at the three-day music festival Splendour in the Grass just hours after taking the photo. The mother of two wore a bright tie-dyed robe with fringed sleeves over a pink and orange two-piece for her number.
Before that, she was in Surry Hills in Sydney to perform at The Standard Bowl. She wore a bright yellow bodysuit with plunging neckline, which, as the audiences noted, have accidentally exposed her nipple.
“Top joker, looking like a next level traffic warden #oz,” she captioned her photo.
Allen last visited Australia in 2009 after appearing at the Big Day Out festival.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date