Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres Ready for a Fresh Start, Proud Owners of a New Luxury Condo
By Annie Dee | July 28, 2014 10:22 AM EST
Portia de Rossi and Ellen Degeneres are so up and ready for a fresh start. After reportedly saving their marriage by having Portia go to rehab and acquire new role in Scandal, the famous couple wants to start anew. And to probably celebrate their fresh start, the two are now proud owners of a new luxury condo, right in the center of Beverly Hills.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Radar Online learns that the award-winning talk show host and her wife recently just bought a new home, adding to the list of their real estate properties. "Ellen and Portia just purchased an entire floor of a luxury building in Beverly Hills," a source shares to Radar exclusively. "It is very centrally located, right in the heart of everything that they do in Hollywood. They still have the land and the space they love in Santa Barbara, but this spot offers the convenience that they need," the source detailed.
Based on the description on Trulia, the new property boasts of a full service concierge, 24-hour staff, a fitness center and pool. Naturally, the unit is privy to all the amazing views in the area.
There's no hiding how the couple, especially Ellen, loves real estate. This is their second purchase for the year alone. This could be a sign that they are now going past all their marriage troubles and finally deciding on a fresh start. "It's a good sign that they are going to stay together," the source reveales to Radar. Online "Ellen and Portia have always loved working on a home project together!. Maybe buying a house is therapeutic for them, enough to let them forget their troubles and how suited they are to each other.
Not that they just collect properties, they really just move around a lot, discarding one home after another after they live in it for a few months. They just bought a property when the year opened in Los Agneles for around$39,888,000 and sold it just 6 months later on July 3 for $49,500,000, Trulia reports. The deal made them $10 million richer, not to mention gave them a legitimate reason to buy a new luxury condo this time. Hopefully, they can create many beautiful memories there and forget all their marriage problems.
Aside from getting a new home, Ellen is making some changes in their household, starting from a no-drinkiing rule. Ellen believes she is partially responsible for Portia's rehab stint because of alchol abuse.
Ellen is willing to give up drinking, OK! magazine reports if it means Portia will never be tempted to drink again. "Ellen has always been a big drinker," a source told OK! magazine. "She loves her wine but she's realized her behavior has only enabled Portia to drink as well, and she feels partially responsible for Portia's rehab stint."
The source shared, "Ellen loves Portia more than anything in the world and wants to make sure she's healthy, emotionally and physically. She's realized that drinking in front of Portia is just selfish. Right now their marriage is better than it's been in years, and Ellen is just grateful that her wife is healthy again. She's ready to enjoy every minute that she has with Portia."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate