Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres Ready for a Fresh Start, Proud Owners of a New Luxury Condo
By Annie Dee | July 28, 2014 10:22 AM EST
Portia de Rossi and Ellen Degeneres are so up and ready for a fresh start. After reportedly saving their marriage by having Portia go to rehab and acquire new role in Scandal, the famous couple wants to start anew. And to probably celebrate their fresh start, the two are now proud owners of a new luxury condo, right in the center of Beverly Hills.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Radar Online learns that the award-winning talk show host and her wife recently just bought a new home, adding to the list of their real estate properties. "Ellen and Portia just purchased an entire floor of a luxury building in Beverly Hills," a source shares to Radar exclusively. "It is very centrally located, right in the heart of everything that they do in Hollywood. They still have the land and the space they love in Santa Barbara, but this spot offers the convenience that they need," the source detailed.
Based on the description on Trulia, the new property boasts of a full service concierge, 24-hour staff, a fitness center and pool. Naturally, the unit is privy to all the amazing views in the area.
There's no hiding how the couple, especially Ellen, loves real estate. This is their second purchase for the year alone. This could be a sign that they are now going past all their marriage troubles and finally deciding on a fresh start. "It's a good sign that they are going to stay together," the source reveales to Radar. Online "Ellen and Portia have always loved working on a home project together!. Maybe buying a house is therapeutic for them, enough to let them forget their troubles and how suited they are to each other.
Not that they just collect properties, they really just move around a lot, discarding one home after another after they live in it for a few months. They just bought a property when the year opened in Los Agneles for around$39,888,000 and sold it just 6 months later on July 3 for $49,500,000, Trulia reports. The deal made them $10 million richer, not to mention gave them a legitimate reason to buy a new luxury condo this time. Hopefully, they can create many beautiful memories there and forget all their marriage problems.
Aside from getting a new home, Ellen is making some changes in their household, starting from a no-drinkiing rule. Ellen believes she is partially responsible for Portia's rehab stint because of alchol abuse.
Ellen is willing to give up drinking, OK! magazine reports if it means Portia will never be tempted to drink again. "Ellen has always been a big drinker," a source told OK! magazine. "She loves her wine but she's realized her behavior has only enabled Portia to drink as well, and she feels partially responsible for Portia's rehab stint."
The source shared, "Ellen loves Portia more than anything in the world and wants to make sure she's healthy, emotionally and physically. She's realized that drinking in front of Portia is just selfish. Right now their marriage is better than it's been in years, and Ellen is just grateful that her wife is healthy again. She's ready to enjoy every minute that she has with Portia."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones