Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres Ready for a Fresh Start, Proud Owners of a New Luxury Condo
By Annie Dee | July 28, 2014 10:22 AM EST
Portia de Rossi and Ellen Degeneres are so up and ready for a fresh start. After reportedly saving their marriage by having Portia go to rehab and acquire new role in Scandal, the famous couple wants to start anew. And to probably celebrate their fresh start, the two are now proud owners of a new luxury condo, right in the center of Beverly Hills.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Radar Online learns that the award-winning talk show host and her wife recently just bought a new home, adding to the list of their real estate properties. "Ellen and Portia just purchased an entire floor of a luxury building in Beverly Hills," a source shares to Radar exclusively. "It is very centrally located, right in the heart of everything that they do in Hollywood. They still have the land and the space they love in Santa Barbara, but this spot offers the convenience that they need," the source detailed.
Based on the description on Trulia, the new property boasts of a full service concierge, 24-hour staff, a fitness center and pool. Naturally, the unit is privy to all the amazing views in the area.
There's no hiding how the couple, especially Ellen, loves real estate. This is their second purchase for the year alone. This could be a sign that they are now going past all their marriage troubles and finally deciding on a fresh start. "It's a good sign that they are going to stay together," the source reveales to Radar. Online "Ellen and Portia have always loved working on a home project together!. Maybe buying a house is therapeutic for them, enough to let them forget their troubles and how suited they are to each other.
Not that they just collect properties, they really just move around a lot, discarding one home after another after they live in it for a few months. They just bought a property when the year opened in Los Agneles for around$39,888,000 and sold it just 6 months later on July 3 for $49,500,000, Trulia reports. The deal made them $10 million richer, not to mention gave them a legitimate reason to buy a new luxury condo this time. Hopefully, they can create many beautiful memories there and forget all their marriage problems.
Aside from getting a new home, Ellen is making some changes in their household, starting from a no-drinkiing rule. Ellen believes she is partially responsible for Portia's rehab stint because of alchol abuse.
Ellen is willing to give up drinking, OK! magazine reports if it means Portia will never be tempted to drink again. "Ellen has always been a big drinker," a source told OK! magazine. "She loves her wine but she's realized her behavior has only enabled Portia to drink as well, and she feels partially responsible for Portia's rehab stint."
The source shared, "Ellen loves Portia more than anything in the world and wants to make sure she's healthy, emotionally and physically. She's realized that drinking in front of Portia is just selfish. Right now their marriage is better than it's been in years, and Ellen is just grateful that her wife is healthy again. She's ready to enjoy every minute that she has with Portia."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage