Chelsea FC Transfer News: Everton Boss Sure of Signing Chelsea Hitman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 27, 2014 10:35 PM EST
Everton boss Roberto Martinez remains hopeful of securing the services of Chelsea hitman Romelu Lukaku.
The 21-year-old spent the 2013/14 season on loan at Goodison Park, and under the Spanish tactician's watch, the 6-foot-3 striker thrived yet again, finding the back of the net 15 times, while accounting for 8 assists in the Premier League.
Belgian national soccer team player Romelu Lukaku (L) meets with Belgium's Queen Mathilde and King Philippe at the Royal Palace in Brussels July 7, 2014.
"Of course, we'll get him," was Martinez's reply to whether the Toffees will be able to acquire the Belgian international permanently.
Meanwhile, Everton head of recruitment Ian Atkins share Martinez's optimism.
"Romelu had a terrific season for Everton last year and I know everyone at the football club wants to see him back," Atkins told talkSPORT.
"Hopefully things can be sorted out, I think he's quite settled in his mind that he wants to come to Everton, and hopefully he'll be pulling on our blue shirt again next term."
"Our loan signings all did brilliant for us last season. Gareth Barry has signed permanently now which is fantastic, and hopefully Lukaku will as well."
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match