Man Utd Defender Feels He's a Perfect Fit for New Boss' Systerm
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 27, 2014 10:14 PM EST
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling feels that his offensive leaning mindset would perfectly fit Louis van Gaal's attacking style.
Manchester United players pose for a team photo before their international soccer friendly match against Los Angeles Galaxy in Pasadena, California July 23, 2014. One bad season for Manchester United has not shaken General Motors Co's belief in its $559 million sponsorship deal with the English soccer club as GM's global mainstream auto brand, Chevrolet, will debut as the jersey sponsor in a match on Wednesday night.
The up and coming centre-back took part in the Red Devils' 7-nil thrashing of the LA Galaxy , as well as in their 3-2 win against AS Roma.
"We're picking it up, there's obviously a lot to learn but we're enjoying it," said the 24-year-old.
"It's a lot of responsibility to go out there and attack the centre-half. He wants us to go aggressive and I think that's my game so I'm looking forward to it."
"There's good communication all amongst us. We obviously have to shift across and work into the space, so communication is massive and we get on well, so that's not really an issue."
Meanwhile, there's still more impressing to do at the United camp, as van Gaal still has a lot of room to finally select his best 11 before the season starts.
"We're all trying to impress him, whether it's in training or around the hotel, with the way we conduct ourselves," he added.
"He's a man who requires a lot of respect and we give him that because of what he's done and what he's like."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight