Game of Thrones 2014 Comic Con: Sophie Turner on Playing Sansa Stark & How She Grow Up with the Character
By Riza Ornos | July 27, 2014 9:38 PM EST
Best known for her character as Sansa Stark in HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones," Sophie Turner started playing the role when she was 13 and now after five years she felt that she grew up with Sansa. The young actress was recently at San Diego 2014 Comic Con together with GOT's cast, showrunners and creator George R.R. Martin to give out some juicy details about the show's upcoming season.
Known for the show’s explicit sex scenes, showrunners have to hire female porn stars for supporting roles, while others are prostitutes to play as women in the bar and other roles that required nudity.
Scheduled to reprise her role in "Game of Thrones" season 5, Turner previously earned a Young Artist Award nomination for Best Supporting Young Actress in a TV Series in Martin's adapted series. She recently dropped her prim and proper look and star in a new Bastille video in the singer's new single "Oblivion."
While in the recent Comic Con, the 18-year-old star was asked how she envision her journey now that Sansa in the care of Petyr Baelish. "When I started, at 13, I never thought, 'This is the way my character is going to go, I'm just going to end up like Maleficent and it will be great.' I just grew with her as an actress while she grew as a character, and it's down to the writing," she revealed in an interview posted on The Guardian.
"When I got the scripts for season four, it was such a relief. For the past four seasons, Sansa's been hiding in her facade, and it felt so good to be the manipulator at court, who finally gets to reveal herself. It was freaking awesome," Turner added.
Playing sisters in the hit TV series, Sophie attended the Comic Con with Maisie Williams who plays the strong-willed Arya Stark. Just like there characters in the show, the two have a unique fashion sense when they attended the event on Friday, Jul 25, as they participated in a panel discussion of their show.
The 17-year-old actress wore a cute bronze metallic shift dress while the blond star in real life (Sansa's hair is red) picked a fun and flirty look in the form of a colorful jumpsuit. Sophie finished her glam look with black and white sandals and a gold chain necklace.
Before she said her goodbye to over 6,000 audience in the Comic Con, the Northampton-born British actress was asked on what she thinks about Sansa and Tyrion's relationship. They did really begin to have this genuine bond and trust with each other and it was just getting kind of beautiful ... and in the spirit of Game of Thrones, they cut that off," she said.
"I would like in the future for them to be reunited - they would make a great new power couple, like Brangelina," she concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness