MLB Trade 2014: Matt Kemp To Boston Red Sox Trade Makes Sense
By Lou Imperial | July 27, 2014 9:37 PM EST
The Los Angeles Dodgers have reportedly received trade offers from five MLB teams for the service of veteran slugger Matt Kemp, a source close to situation disclosed on Saturday.
Keith Allison/Creative Commons
Baseball player Matt Kemp was once rumored to be dating Khloe Kardashian as they were seen several times hanging out together during gym sessions.
CBS Sports MLB insider John Heyman confirmed in his recent column that there are five teams showing interest in getting the outfielder.
"Five teams are said to have shown interest, or at least talked to the Dodgers, and you can be sure L.A. will keep in touch with those teams," Heyman claimed.
According to a team insider, Kemp's continuous complain about not being confortable at center field put his relationship with the field staff. Kemp's agent David Stewart said that he hasn't been a smooth ride for his client with the Dodgers, and by reading between the lines, a trade seems to be inevitable at this points.
"Eight years is a long time to be in one place," Stewart said in a phone interview with CBS Sports. "Sometimes change is good. This might be the time to change."
Potential Landing Spots for Kemp
The Seattle Mariners, the Texan Rangers and the Boston Red Sox have been linked as potential buyers to Kemp and the $117 million remaining in his contract. There's another National League team that has set their sight on the former All-Star, but his huge paycheck up to 2019 would complicate matters.
"Two other teams, one in the NL, is said to have shown interest. Yet, it may not be so easy. He has $117 million to go through 2019," via Fox Sports.
Red Sox-Kemp Marriage Ideal
According to Arthur Dowell of Rant Sports, the slumping Red Sox appear to be the most ideal landing spot for Kemp because they have nothing to lose at this point of the season. Unlike other contenders in the Kemp's sweepstakes, the Red Sox shouldn't be iffy to make a deal for Kemp, who is very much capable of turning his career around after a career marred by injuries in the past two seasons.
The Red Sox have been sending talents to the Dodgers for quite some time, including the blockbuster deal that sent Josh Beckett, Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford to the west coast. It's time for the franchise to get another big name off the trading block.
As for Kemp, a team with Yasiel Puig, Scott Van Slyke and Andre Ethier has never been appealing to Kemp who used to be the franchise's biggest star. It's clear that he needs a restart and there's no better place to do it than in Boston.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’