MLB Trade 2014: Matt Kemp To Boston Red Sox Trade Makes Sense
By Lou Imperial | July 27, 2014 9:37 PM EST
The Los Angeles Dodgers have reportedly received trade offers from five MLB teams for the service of veteran slugger Matt Kemp, a source close to situation disclosed on Saturday.
Keith Allison/Creative Commons
Baseball player Matt Kemp was once rumored to be dating Khloe Kardashian as they were seen several times hanging out together during gym sessions.
CBS Sports MLB insider John Heyman confirmed in his recent column that there are five teams showing interest in getting the outfielder.
"Five teams are said to have shown interest, or at least talked to the Dodgers, and you can be sure L.A. will keep in touch with those teams," Heyman claimed.
According to a team insider, Kemp's continuous complain about not being confortable at center field put his relationship with the field staff. Kemp's agent David Stewart said that he hasn't been a smooth ride for his client with the Dodgers, and by reading between the lines, a trade seems to be inevitable at this points.
"Eight years is a long time to be in one place," Stewart said in a phone interview with CBS Sports. "Sometimes change is good. This might be the time to change."
Potential Landing Spots for Kemp
The Seattle Mariners, the Texan Rangers and the Boston Red Sox have been linked as potential buyers to Kemp and the $117 million remaining in his contract. There's another National League team that has set their sight on the former All-Star, but his huge paycheck up to 2019 would complicate matters.
"Two other teams, one in the NL, is said to have shown interest. Yet, it may not be so easy. He has $117 million to go through 2019," via Fox Sports.
Red Sox-Kemp Marriage Ideal
According to Arthur Dowell of Rant Sports, the slumping Red Sox appear to be the most ideal landing spot for Kemp because they have nothing to lose at this point of the season. Unlike other contenders in the Kemp's sweepstakes, the Red Sox shouldn't be iffy to make a deal for Kemp, who is very much capable of turning his career around after a career marred by injuries in the past two seasons.
The Red Sox have been sending talents to the Dodgers for quite some time, including the blockbuster deal that sent Josh Beckett, Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford to the west coast. It's time for the franchise to get another big name off the trading block.
As for Kemp, a team with Yasiel Puig, Scott Van Slyke and Andre Ethier has never been appealing to Kemp who used to be the franchise's biggest star. It's clear that he needs a restart and there's no better place to do it than in Boston.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks