MLB Trade 2014: Matt Kemp To Boston Red Sox Trade Makes Sense
By Lou Imperial | July 27, 2014 9:37 PM EST
The Los Angeles Dodgers have reportedly received trade offers from five MLB teams for the service of veteran slugger Matt Kemp, a source close to situation disclosed on Saturday.
Keith Allison/Creative Commons
Baseball player Matt Kemp was once rumored to be dating Khloe Kardashian as they were seen several times hanging out together during gym sessions.
CBS Sports MLB insider John Heyman confirmed in his recent column that there are five teams showing interest in getting the outfielder.
"Five teams are said to have shown interest, or at least talked to the Dodgers, and you can be sure L.A. will keep in touch with those teams," Heyman claimed.
According to a team insider, Kemp's continuous complain about not being confortable at center field put his relationship with the field staff. Kemp's agent David Stewart said that he hasn't been a smooth ride for his client with the Dodgers, and by reading between the lines, a trade seems to be inevitable at this points.
"Eight years is a long time to be in one place," Stewart said in a phone interview with CBS Sports. "Sometimes change is good. This might be the time to change."
Potential Landing Spots for Kemp
The Seattle Mariners, the Texan Rangers and the Boston Red Sox have been linked as potential buyers to Kemp and the $117 million remaining in his contract. There's another National League team that has set their sight on the former All-Star, but his huge paycheck up to 2019 would complicate matters.
"Two other teams, one in the NL, is said to have shown interest. Yet, it may not be so easy. He has $117 million to go through 2019," via Fox Sports.
Red Sox-Kemp Marriage Ideal
According to Arthur Dowell of Rant Sports, the slumping Red Sox appear to be the most ideal landing spot for Kemp because they have nothing to lose at this point of the season. Unlike other contenders in the Kemp's sweepstakes, the Red Sox shouldn't be iffy to make a deal for Kemp, who is very much capable of turning his career around after a career marred by injuries in the past two seasons.
The Red Sox have been sending talents to the Dodgers for quite some time, including the blockbuster deal that sent Josh Beckett, Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford to the west coast. It's time for the franchise to get another big name off the trading block.
As for Kemp, a team with Yasiel Puig, Scott Van Slyke and Andre Ethier has never been appealing to Kemp who used to be the franchise's biggest star. It's clear that he needs a restart and there's no better place to do it than in Boston.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border