HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
By Precious Silva | July 27, 2014 9:35 PM EST
HTC One M8 users will be pleased to know that they can soon update to Android 4.4.3 KitKat. Mo Versi, HTC Vice President tweeted earlier claiming that the HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 OTA update will be arriving soon. Similar to Android updates, some users may receive the notification while others may have to wait for their carriers to finish testing and release the final software. Verizon has also started offering the HTC One Remix or HTC One Mini 2 starting at $49.99.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
Last July 19, Versi posted in his Twitter account that the company has been working on releasing the HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 firmware for a "late next week" post. Nonetheless, just like other types of Android releases, the OTA may be delayed for some as users subscribe to a range of networks. Therefore, the release may be delayed for some as networks often need to align the update code to their offerings.
The Android 4.4.3 update will be accessible to international HTC One M8 variant. The developer edition and unlocked version of the device are also in line. According to Versi, the firmware offers a range of security fixes based on the Android 4.4.4 version. More importantly, it appears that HTC will be skipping the Android 4.4.4 firmware. It may offer the Android L software directly. This can save users time and effort switching from one Android OS update to another.
Carriers in line to receive the HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 update include Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T. Sprint went ahead of everyone already releasing the Android 4.4.3 to its M8 subscribers. Tech Times also reported that Verizon just started offering the HTC One remix or the HTC One Mini 2. The device offers a more compact version of the existing HTC One M8 flagship. The device is available for $49.99 for a 2-year contract. Verizon EDGE offers the device for $22.49 monthly for 20 months. Features of the device include 4.5-inch 720p Super LCD2 Corning Gorilla Glass display, Android 4.4 KitKat, 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 16GB internal storage and 1.5GB RAM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance