HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
By Precious Silva | July 27, 2014 9:35 PM EST
HTC One M8 users will be pleased to know that they can soon update to Android 4.4.3 KitKat. Mo Versi, HTC Vice President tweeted earlier claiming that the HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 OTA update will be arriving soon. Similar to Android updates, some users may receive the notification while others may have to wait for their carriers to finish testing and release the final software. Verizon has also started offering the HTC One Remix or HTC One Mini 2 starting at $49.99.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
Last July 19, Versi posted in his Twitter account that the company has been working on releasing the HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 firmware for a "late next week" post. Nonetheless, just like other types of Android releases, the OTA may be delayed for some as users subscribe to a range of networks. Therefore, the release may be delayed for some as networks often need to align the update code to their offerings.
The Android 4.4.3 update will be accessible to international HTC One M8 variant. The developer edition and unlocked version of the device are also in line. According to Versi, the firmware offers a range of security fixes based on the Android 4.4.4 version. More importantly, it appears that HTC will be skipping the Android 4.4.4 firmware. It may offer the Android L software directly. This can save users time and effort switching from one Android OS update to another.
Carriers in line to receive the HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 update include Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T. Sprint went ahead of everyone already releasing the Android 4.4.3 to its M8 subscribers. Tech Times also reported that Verizon just started offering the HTC One remix or the HTC One Mini 2. The device offers a more compact version of the existing HTC One M8 flagship. The device is available for $49.99 for a 2-year contract. Verizon EDGE offers the device for $22.49 monthly for 20 months. Features of the device include 4.5-inch 720p Super LCD2 Corning Gorilla Glass display, Android 4.4 KitKat, 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 16GB internal storage and 1.5GB RAM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report